1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

For the first time I was able to watch Animal House

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by hockeybeat, Nov 3, 2007.

1. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

Watched all of them and I was born in 1976.

As far as the censors goes on regular t.v., I love filling in what they actually say in the movie while watching the sanitized version of it.

"Strike that motherfucker out!" [/RogerDorn]

2. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Blue Brothers also looked good on the screen. They put some care into that one.

Animal House also looked good, in a gritty, grainy, crappy school way.

3. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

Gene Hackman's cameo in "Young Frankenstein" may be the funniest scene ever committed to film. Only time I ever saw ushers in a theater ask people to stop laughing.

Years later, I saw Gene Wilder at a cafe in Greenwich. I started laughing for no apparent reason and had to step outside to collect myself.

4. pseudo

pseudo Well-Known Member

Dear God.

5. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Caddyshack is the most overrated comedy ever. Funny and quoteable, but way overrated. Slapshot and Bad News Bears are both better films and funnier.

6. finishthehat

finishthehat Active Member

Never seen it either. Never seen any of the Fletches, or (probably, can't remember) any Chevy Chase movie beyond the first Vacation.

7. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

Mel Brooks movie story my parents told me..

They were watching "Blazing Saddles" in the movie theater and when the Indian comes up and starts speaking yiddish my parents cracked up.
    The people behind them said "wow, they must speak Indian"

8. spaceman

spaceman Active Member

"They're darker than US!"

"Tell them I said . . . OW!"

Draft saved Draft deleted