1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

For the first time ever the New York Times is not endorsing a single Republican

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by JR, Nov 5, 2006.

1. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Yes, but does she put out? :)

2. fmrsped

fmrsped Active Member

I know this has likely been explained/explored before, but I find your interest in American politics VERY intriguing. That's all.

3. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Re: For the first time ever the New York Times is not endorsing a single Republi

Ha. What clued you in? She's actually a bright, impressive woman, albeit one who I am ideologically opposed to. She also doesn't really represent my neighborhood, which is a testament to gerimandering. I wouldn't have a huge problem with her, actually, except for that one incident... How can a Congressperson have someone who doesn't speak English manning her phones? I really had to switch to Spanish to have the conversation. I was negatively blown away by that.

4. Ragu --
    Is it possible that she has a Spanish-only line and you just got routed to the wrong one? I don't have any idea, but I thought it might be a possibility.

5. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Re: For the first time ever the New York Times is not endorsing a single Republi

Don't think so, FB. I asked if I could speak with someone who spoke better English and she said there wasn't anyone else. It made me wonder how few phone calls they get or if 99 percent of the calls they do get are from people who only speak Spanish. I wasn't a prick about it. I actually laughed about it. I thought about following up with a letter, but I figured it would be a waste of time.

6. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Well, I guess that she is playing to her base. But that is unacceptable.

7. Big_Space

Big_Space Member

the old gray lady is pulling out all the stops

one week free access to Times Select.

should be fun for all.

8. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Didn't think of that angle, but free access would be of little benefit as of about 11 p.m. tomorrow night, wouldn't it?

9. Big_Space

Big_Space Member

they gotta do something to slow down the slide in the polls.

but you are right, kind of a moot point after Tuesday night. But it will be fun to read the spin if the dems dont make the gains they have predicted for weeks. Kerry's head will be on a platter for all to skewer.

10. Jones

Jones Active Member

If the Democrats don't win because of one stupid remark by one stupid Senator, that says a helluva lot about the intellect of the American electorate, none of it good.

11. How dares you say that about we!
    How dares you say that about we!

12. Yawn

Yawn New Member

Most polls say three more points to the Republcans today. We'll need a shock therapist for all the liberals tomorrow.

Draft saved Draft deleted