1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

For the first time ever the New York Times is not endorsing a single Republican

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by JR, Nov 5, 2006.

1. markvid

markvid Guest

We can dream, can't we?

2. Just no pictures of Mrs. Pynchon naked, please.

3. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

http://www.killsometime.com/video/video.asp?ID=569

4. spnited

spnited Active Member

The first statement Lyman ever has made on a political thread that I agree with 100%.

5. Hey, stranger things have happened.

6. Yawn

Yawn New Member

The funny damn thing is that you people think even with a Democrat landslide, that things are going to be different. These are politicians, bozos. All they'll do is make sure the string is tied tight enough around your damn ankles to drag your ass back to the voting booth after they pollute your minds with their typical bullshit about being for the "common man." My ass.

7. Oooh, schweeeet!
    The girl in my Ayn Rand chat room likes paste, too!

8. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

It's nice that Keller has finally ended his extended mental affair with Paul Wolfowitz.

Far too late, and a pox on Keller . . . but nice, nonetheless.

9. There's a lot of "I didn't know they were such fuck-ups!" going around these days.
    One house of Congress with subpoena power, please.

10. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Re: For the first time ever the New York Times is not endorsing a single Republi

I will not be voting for my incumbent representative, who apparently the Times thinks enough of to endorse. The one time I called her office about anything, the person who answered the phone spoke English so poorly that I had switch the conversation to Spanish--and my Spanish really sucks--in order to communicate. It was Kafkaesque--calling a U.S. Congressional office and the person on the other end of the phone not being able to speak English. So even though my rep. has spent a half million dollars against an opponent who has raised $0 (the Republicans have no chance in this area, so they don't even bother trying) and my vote in the race is meaningless because she already has it won, I will be casting a vote for anyone but her.

11. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Vote for Whitlock. A) it will make his day and B) he's spent as many nights in New York this year as Hillary Clinton has.

12. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Ragu -- the NYT didn't endorse Nydia (I assume that she's your representative). They didn't need to because the race isn't competitive.

Draft saved Draft deleted