1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

For Sale: One Yankee Stadium

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Pete Incaviglia, Sep 22, 2008.

1. Pete Incaviglia

Pete Incaviglia Active Member

I'll admit. I want a piece. I have seats from Tiger Stadium. I'll be willing to pay big for something from The House That Ruth Built.

This: http://abcnews.go.com/Business/story?id=5835764&page=1 is about the only story I could find. But it does look like everything will be up for sale.

Anyone else in the market for something? I just want seats.

What do you want? How much would you pay?

2. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I just want a urinal cake. That way, I can piss on a little piece of Yankee pride every single day.

3. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Only if I can get it autographed by Clemens.

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  4. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I don't know where the money is going for the selling off of Yankee Stadium, but I imagine they might make a ton of money of this thing. Figure $500 per seat would net them $3 million. I'd want a piece of the copper facade, or one of the billboards (Modell's, The Wiz), perhaps the gate door from the bullpen. Maybe a turnstile, the piece of railing that Jeffrey Meyer leaned over to snag that home run ball away from the Orioles. Imagine how much the Yankees dugout bench might go for?

5. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

They're going to make a fortune.

6. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Am told you can double that for the seats...

7. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Seats from Tiger Stadium (nondescript plastic seats, not the upholstered Tiger Den seats) went for $250 each.

My bet is that Yankee Stadium seats will go for 10 times that.

8. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

There was an AP story about Chipper Jones last week and his love of Shea Stadium. Said he bought a seat for about $900. I'd imagine a seat from Yankee Stadium would fetch at least that much, if not more.

9. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Yeah, Shea seats were going for like $900 a pair. I think it was like $865 or something. I was thinking about getting a collection to buy two for spnited, but then I remembered everyone hates him.

10. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Heard $1,000 and up...

11. Pete Incaviglia

Pete Incaviglia Active Member

Do you who was selling them? How to get any? Any links?

Thanks in advance IJAG

12. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Yep, googling "Shea Stadium seats" was hard...

:D

http://newyork.mets.mlb.com/nym/ballpark/save_a_piece.jsp

Draft saved Draft deleted