1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

For Political Partisans: Say Something Nice About The Other Side

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Flying Headbutt, Nov 18, 2007.

1. deskslave

deskslave Active Member

I think Arlen Specter has done a fine job of standing up to President Bush, essentially saying, I understand you need to get things done, but you will not just do anything you please.

Before his untimely passing, I thought Georgia's Paul Coverdell was one of the most honorable politicians in the game, and I would have given very strong thoughts to voting for him.

And I think Mike Huckabee should have received far more support from his party from the beginning. He represents much of what the party stands for, and he has a broad appeal. And he's a former governor of Arkansas, and whether you liked Clinton or not, there is a history in that position. (Of course, I don't actually like him as a candidate.)

2. writing irish

writing irish Active Member

The GOP had some good moments in the mid-19th century and during the Edwardian era.

3. You're right. We did.

[​IMG]

4. printdust

printdust New Member

Religious suppression is thrown around here a bit too irresponsibly, and some do it to the point of obsession.

Republican: McCain and Huckabee.

Democrats: Obama.

5. Yes, senor, and I have had about enough of it.

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  6. JR

JR Well-Known Member

PM Stephen Harper's wife Laureen Teskey is cool because

1)She's not a dork like her busband
    2) She rides a mean motorcycle.

[​IMG]

7. The current administration has a couple women Cabinet members, including the Secretary of Labor (who has been there since the start of the first term) and the Secretary of Transportation.

edit: and the Secretary of Education.

8. Isn't the Secretary of State a woman?

9. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Those appointments weren't intentional.

Bush just thought he was hiring a bunch of, you know, secretaries.

10. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

I don't know if this qualifies as the "other side" per se, but Argentina has the world's hottest ruler.

[​IMG]

There's a revolution. In my PANTS.

11. westcoastvol

westcoastvol Active Member

I take my hat off to the strategery employed by Rove and company. Brilliant tactician, but on the wrong side.

12. She had already mentioned her. I was just naming the others.

Draft saved Draft deleted