1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

For once, Simmons might be on to something...

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by PhilaYank36, Sep 7, 2007.

1. boots

boots New Member

Timing is everything. Tagliabue is gone. There's a new sheriff in town.

2. What?
    Somebody held him down and poured Scotch down his throat?
    Must have been a big someone.

3. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Not once, even, but twice. He was nabbed for DUI again a couple years after he killed the woman.

But he didn't do it on purpose, so I guess its okay.

4. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Apparently Simmons was not outraged over Little until Vick's conviction. Fuck him.

5. JR

JR Well-Known Member

And the most disturbing thought of all:

6. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

The fact that someone else, somewhere, has done something worse and gotten away with it is rarely, if ever, a mitigating factor in someone's punishment.

7. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Just a year ago Simmons declared the Rams his sleeper team and played them up all year. He credited Leonard Little's play for their hot start a year ago:

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=simmons/061013

He did say that TO was giving Little competition for most loathsome player in the league in a previous column.

Still, Simmons can cram his sanctimoniousness up his Boston ass.

8. Which reminds me about someone's great formulation about liberals who became conservatives after the attacks on NYC and DC.

"I used to be a liberal but, because of 9/11, I am now outraged by Chappaquiddick."

9. Mmac

Mmac Guest

That might be a valid argument for his first offense. But to get behind the wheel drunk again knowing that you killed a woman doing it the last time -- that qualifies as "on purpose" to me.

10. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

And man, what's up with the Argonauts? I was sitting in my living room the other day, watching Degrassi: The Next Generation while drinking a Molsons and eating a donut from Tim Horton's when it hit me: The Argos are my sleeper team for 2008! Admitting that made me throw up in my mouth just a little, which normally would be ok, but I'm missing a few teeth from all the hockey I've been playing, so some bile dribbled out my mouth onto my coffee table, staining my copy of Alice Munro's latest short story collection. Not good times! Anyway, J-Bug and I scored two tickets to the Arcade Fire concert later tonight, and I suspect we'll spend the evening arguing over the relative merits of the new Malcom Gladwell book, and debating which chick we'd rather bone, Avril Lavigne or Nelly Furtado. Zut alors! Tough call, but what a country! Good times!

11. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

12. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Brilliant.

Draft saved Draft deleted