1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

For Cubs fans....the game will not end well......

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Chef, Mar 25, 2008.

1. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Don't forget to bring up his coaches at the amateur level who abused the hell out of his arm, too. Wood's arm was overworked his whole life and he had an extremely violent motion. I hate to say it, but I think Baker gets a bad rap on that one.

2. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

I agree. There is plenty of other evidence that proves Dusty Baker is a complete fucking idiot.

Dude.

3. outofplace

True. Ask my buddy the Reds fan about his approach with Votto and Bruce.

4. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

Hmm, just yesterday you called someone a jackass, because they posted something similar to what you posted on one of the fantasy baseball threads. But, yet, here it's alright.

Gotta love your double standards and your obsession.

5. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

It saved Smoltz's career.

6. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

I wish I had a friend who was a Reds fan so I could remind him Dusty Baker is his manager on a daily basis.

7. Yawn

Yawn New Member

All is well if they can just get the fly-by-his-jawbone Mark Cuban in charge. Like with the Mavs, he'll let them tease you like you've been painfully teased for a century, but come up short. But just think of it this way - in a few years he'll do something stupid and make you forget all about Steve Bartman.

8. outofplace

That was on the same thread, not pulling it out to start its own thread. There is a difference.

And just to be clear, I'm one the one who dragged that crap over here.

Edit: One more thing. Chef was kind enough to acknowledge the db when it was pointed out. You, on the other hand, took it as another opportunity to start shit.

Now, can we please stick to baseball? Feel free to send me nasty PM's if you feel the need to vent.

9. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

I'd put the blame on his high school coach for riding him like a rented mule. A 17-year-old arm can't take that kind of abuse.

10. Hammer Pants

Hammer Pants Active Member

Seriously, I don't know what to think of the move. I love Kid K (better than typing I love Wood ...), but Marmol has the stuff to become a dominant closer. I guess, when in doubt, you go with the vet.

11. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

I have a feeling every NL Central team is going to be full of closer fail this year. The Cubs because Piniella won't decide on one, everyone else because their closers blow.

12. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Izzy ain't bad.

Draft saved Draft deleted