1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

For Chicago-based writers/editors

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Billy Pritchard, Jul 3, 2006.

1. My wife took a job in Chicago and we're moving there next month and I'm looking for some help (not with the move -- I'm no Keith Hernandez  ;D). Does anybody know much about The Chicago Sports Review? I'm trying to put together some freelance gigs with the hopes of getting back into a daily paper (don't ask my why).
    How respectable is CSR? Anybody know what they pay? How open are they to submissions?
    I know some of this can be found online and I plan to contact the editor directly, but I'm just wondering what people know about the magazine. Thanks for any help you can provide.

2. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

I've met the managing editor there and checked out the paper, so I think I can answer your questions:

1. Yes, I know about it.

2. Fairly respectable.

3. Not much -- I remember hearing $50 for a print story, and nada if you want to contribute something online.

4. Very.

Draft saved Draft deleted