1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

"For Better Or For Worse" to continue, characters to be "frozen in time"

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Double J, Jan 10, 2007.

1. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Rhinosaurus?? A dinosaur that charged into its prey?

2. mpcincal

mpcincal Well-Known Member

Good question, Inky, we'll just have to see.

Like others, I knew, somehow, this strip would end with the Lizzy-Anthony wedding and I think she did a fine job of wrapping it up. The Sunday epilogue was also a good touch.

I must say, though, I don't know how much the strip's going to hold my interest now. When Johnston went into flashback mode over the past couple years, I tended to gloss over and pick up my attention when it got back to current day.

Also, I just don't really see the point of continuing a strip when the story is pretty much wrapped up. At least Bill Waterston and Berke Breathed did it the right way (though Breathed just started a couple more strips with the same characters). In fact, as blasphemous as it may sound, I've never understood why papers should keep running Peanuts strips, when the last original ones were done about 15 years ago. Strips like that, I think, should just step aside and let others have their chance.

3. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

An alternative ending, as proposed by the dude who does Sally Forth and dreamed about by HH: http://mediumlarge.wordpress.com/2008/09/01/monday-september-1-2008/

4. beardpuller

beardpuller Active Member

I'll be interested to see what she does with this. The strip really had lost steam, as someone said, but it's a familiar favorite, and I hate to see those disappear.
    It is a shame we won't see what happens "next" with some of the characters, particularly April, who has the potential to give her parents a harder time than the other 2 did growing up.

5. Giggity

Giggity Member

If you're into the comics at all - or hate them, for that matter – The Comics Curmudgeon is awesome: http://joshreads.com/

6. Smasher_Sloan

Smasher_Sloan Active Member

The dude who does Sally Forth ought to work on some major de-lame for his own strip.

7. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

He's a regular on that Comics Curmudgeon blog Giggity posted. He explained that Sally Forth is constricted by The Man and that's why it's lame, whereas Medium Large doesn't have those chains and thus can be as snarky as he so desires.

8. Smasher_Sloan

Smasher_Sloan Active Member

Uh-huh.

So he makes a lot of money from lame, but he really hates it?

Fuck him.

Draft saved Draft deleted