1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

"For Better Or For Worse" to continue, characters to be "frozen in time"

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Double J, Jan 10, 2007.

1. kleeda

kleeda Active Member

Damn you and your spoilers, Michael. DAMN YOU!!!
    Have read the strip for years and have generally liked it. Some story cycles have been gripping, some not so much. Kind of like life. I'll be happy to see it continue.

2. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

You're right. In fact, it seems like Farley's son is getting up there in dog years. He has to be at least 10 now. Did he ever get it on with the grandfather's dog?

3. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

Well, he banged the dog that belonged to the parents of the gay kid, so I don't see why he wouldn't have by now. Unless Lynn's holding that for the final strip. She should have had Edgar save Mike/Deanna's kids from that fire and die afterwards, just for continuity.

4. the fop

the fop Member

Used to still look in on FBOFW from time to time. Liked the storyline about Michael pursuing a career as a magazine writer, having differences with a boss and freelancing instead. But wait, mean boss is fired and everyone else is passed over for freelancer Michael, who's promoted to editor! WTF?

5. DyePack

DyePack New Member

Yeah, that made no sense at all. We were supposed to believe that everyone in the office joined hands, sang "Kum Ba Yah" resisted evil and allowed good to triumph.

6. Charlie Brown

Charlie Brown Member

Being frozen in time is not so bad.

7. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Gotta love a comic that's never been funny...

When Calvin and Hobbes ended, so went 99 percent of my interest in the comics page. When Fox Trot ended, so went the other percentage point.

I loved Boondocks, but the abortion of a TV show it spawned ruined it for me...

8. terrier

terrier Well-Known Member

If you're reading this week, Lizardbreath is getting a major karmic smackdown.

9. steveu

steveu Well-Known Member

I really enjoy this strip, but after having read today it's sooooooooo obvious where Lynn is headed. But hey, it's good to hear she's going to continue working on it after initially deciding to quit.

For the record: Farley was April 1995. And Charles Schulz was so pissed at his friend for even thinking of killing Farley.

10. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

She's never been noted for her subtlety.

11. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

So THAT'S where Linda Cohn is from...

12. Rough Mix

Rough Mix Guest

Now, now. Tony got in trouble for that. Let it go.

It's actually a reference to a silly local myth that's flown under the radar to this point.

Draft saved Draft deleted