1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

For as much krap as MTV puts out.....

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Chef, Apr 9, 2007.

1. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Is PostModern MTV still on?

2. Sxysprtswrtr

Sxysprtswrtr Active Member

Oh man, can't believe I'm about to type this ... but I'm a big fan of The Hills and used to be Laguna Beach fan. Oh, and Parental Control is funny every once in awhile.

3. Cadet

Cadet Guest

Yeah, I've watched The Hills. And Super Sweet 16. So formulaic it's easy to have on as background noise without actually paying attention. And yeah, watching those brats makes me feel better about myself. :)

Newsweek had a good article on Run's House. Apparently they knew the baby likely wouldn't make it, but kept that secret from their children and everyone involved in the show.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/18026794/site/newsweek/

4. NatureBoy

NatureBoy Member

I was fine with Real World when it was the only reality show on the channel, but then it got more contrived (hey, let's all have them work at a radio station or a night club). Then came its spawn like Road Rules and the like. And now you can barely call it Music Television (I know, an old gripe, but still valid). Now they're bombarding me with tripe like Next and Parental Control. But I must admit, I can handle a few episodes of Yo Mama.

5. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

MTV makes those shows because they're cheap to make. And because they edit the shit out of them to create exactly what they want. Some of the finest editors in the world work at MTV. What they do with The Hills and Laguna Beach is nothing short of amazing. The show is almost completely fabricated with mismatched reactions, and it's so seamless hardly anyone notices.

6. Chuck~Taylor

Chuck~Taylor Active Member

Bingo

7. Boobie Miles

Boobie Miles Active Member

Although I do enjoy the times when something is clearly dubbed in after the fact.

8. farmerjerome

farmerjerome Active Member

I'm pissed that I missed the season finale of the Hills last Monday. I'm going to have to buy it off iTunes.

And, as I've said a thousand times on this board, the Real World/Road Rules challenges are like crack.

9. Boobie Miles

Boobie Miles Active Member

That's happened to me before. It's odd because they repeat their shows a million times, but once the finale airs it's almost impossible to find the show for weeks.

10. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Caught the premiere of this season on my Tivo last night. It's as good as ever. :)

11. Cadet

Cadet Guest

Oh, I don't think anyone will argue this point. It's evident what these things are; doesn't make them any less addictive.

Draft saved Draft deleted