1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

For anyone who cares: MASH finale just started on Hallmark

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by old_tony, Mar 17, 2009.

1. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

Runs 5-8 EDT

2. D-Backs Hack

D-Backs Hack Guest

B.J.: "We wanted to give you something before you left."

Hawkeye: "It's not much, but it comes from the heart."

That scene always got me.

3. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

IT WASN'T A CHICKEN!!!!!! IT WAS A BABY!!!!!!!!!!!
    *bawwwwwwww and butthurt*
    SHE KILLED HER OWN BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

Thank God the second half of the episode got us to the sweet goodbyes, or this could have been the worst ending to a series ever, so much so that we'd be longing for the Seinfeld finale.

4. D-Backs Hack

D-Backs Hack Guest

Yeah, Crazy Hawkeye was not one of the finer moments.

I think the overall body of work was good, but the show's biggest problem was that it was at least an hour longer than it needed to be.

5. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

Absolutely correct. the first half was such a downer, especially to see the series hero institutionalized.

6. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

Well, when you've been fighting the Korean war at least eight years longer than the war itself lasted, people tend to look at you as kind of nutty.

7. I thought the whole thing -- hell, the last three years of the show -- sucked large-scale monkey dong.

8. KJIM

KJIM Well-Known Member

I loved the plotline of Charles and the POW musicians. Seeing Col. Potter ride off into the sunset on Sophie was touching as well.

Didn't care for Hawkeye and Hot Lips' long lip-lock and though the whole Klinger thing was a little lame. (Of course, so was "AfterMASH.")

The scene where they all stand and say what they're doing next was well done, especially for the bit part characters like the Hawaiian nurse, the Louisiana mechanic and the food server guy.

"I'm gonna be a pig farmer."

9. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I actually liked the kiss, especially the uncomfortable looks on the faces of everybody else in the shot.

10. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

The Father Mulcahey storyline gets me every time... mainly because I think we've all had a time when to look to the heavens and ask just what your purpose is to be. To see him do it... just gets me.

Draft saved Draft deleted