1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

For any L.A. NFL journalist or former journalist....

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by printdust, Dec 17, 2006.

1. Java

Java New Member

Buck nailed that one in the gap. And from what I hear the same is happening in northern California, if this report from eTrueSports is to be believed:

The Hells Angels Motorcycle Club has ended its 47-year-old sponsorship of the Oakland Raiders. “The team sucks and their fans are pussies,” said an Angels spokesman.

2. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

We don't get the best games. We STILL get an overload of the POS Raiders games (they were on last Sunday,vs KC IIRC), an overabundance of Rams games, and Charger games even when they suck, b/c LA is considered the Chargers "secondary market".

The only advantage, I think, is that LA gets a DH on one network each week, which used to not happen if a team had a home game on Sunday. (it's been so long since the NFL has been here, I am not 100% sure of that rule)

3. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

L.A is considered a secondary market for the Chargers, so a lot of S.D. games are aired in the market.

4. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Further mythbusting - The best game on TV this week is 8-3 Jacksonville at 9-2 Indy.

LA gets KC-San Diego from CBS instead. LA as the Charger's secondary market sucks.

Draft saved Draft deleted