1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Football Night in America

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by markvid, Nov 19, 2006.

1. markvid

markvid Guest

Peter just dislocated his shoulder patting himself on the back that he informed so many people in the league about Donovan.

2. Boobie Miles

Boobie Miles Active Member

This show absolutely sucks. I can't even watch it. They have no chemistry, the highlight packages suck, they aren't good at doing the highlights. I've said it before, bring back Primetime. That show just had it down and they actually let you get an idea of what happened in the game through the highlights rather than showing two touchdowns and Sterling Sharpe trying to make some awful joke before moving onto the next game. Just a brutal, brutal show.

3. pallister

pallister Guest

I like the show. I jus change the channel when PK's on. Anything's better than Berman and Primetime.

4. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

Man.... these guys made their switch of games to Philly-Indy next week... and they got screwed royally today.

No undefeated Colts and no McNabb.

5. Moondoggy

Moondoggy Member

There is a God.

6. Boobie Miles

Boobie Miles Active Member

I don't have the problem with Berman that most do. He can be annoying but on Primetime they do a great job putting the highlights together and him and Jackson play off each other well. When they have all the other jackasses on the set during Countdown that just as unwatchable as F.N.A.

7. 21

21 Well-Known Member

I don't even understand what it means...football night in America. Like there's never been football at night? Or we're supposed to huddle the children together with TV dinners like it's 1965 and Senor Wences is on Ed Sullivan, because it's Football Night?? Wasn't it just Football Day? Just before Football Night on Monday? And again on Thursday?

Whatever. Dumb.

8. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

9. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

If I have to choose between Mr. back-back-back or Mr. Double Mocha Latte, I choose the History Channel...

10. 21

21 Well-Known Member

Someone better wake up Claws, he's missing FOOTBALL NIGHT IN AMERICA!!

11. D-Backs Hack

D-Backs Hack Guest

A shitty, juvenile NFL studio show? When did this happen?

12. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

The show is an unwatchable, flyblown piece of shit, and as tacky as the custom-made laminated cards your hosts scrawl notes on and read from.

Say what you want about ESPN, but Primetime was something the network managed not to fuck up for 19 years. By the end it was almost like a lost world.

Draft saved Draft deleted