1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Follow-along-with-JD-on-his-trek-to-the-Pacific-Northwest running thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Johnny Dangerously, Jul 25, 2010.

1. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

I'll be brief. PM me for more details if you'd like, and I promise I'll get back to you as soon as possible. There is much to do in the next couple of weeks ... because ...

I'm leaving the state I've called home since the day I was born. My travels have taken me to almost every state in the country, but I'd never seen the one I'm heading to until last weekend. I accepted a position as sports editor of a small paper in the Pacific Northwest. My last day on the job here is Aug. 6, and within two weeks after that I'll be on the clock at my new place.

Those who know me understand this is a major life change for me. I'm excited. I'm sad to leave home, but most of my family is on the West Coast, with several in the Pacific Northwest, so this has more benefits than just a new job with unexplored horizons for me. I hope I get to meet some new SportsJournalists.com friends out there, and I know I'll soon see a few I've already connected with (including one who drove me around my soon-to-be new home state last weekend).

Anyway, at the risk of calling attention to myself, I wanted to let my friends on the board know if they didn't hear through other means.

OK, back to packing. :p

2. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Re: I'm taking my column and leaving home

So you're covering Washington International?

3. SoCalDude

SoCalDude Active Member

Wow. Big changes for you. Best of luck in your new adventure.

4. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

Good luck JD. Spent 10 years living in Eugene -- great part of the country. Have fun.

5. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Good luck.

Hopefully you will find Pac 10 sports to be very fun to watch and cover.

6. PaperDoll

PaperDoll Well-Known Member

Congratulations, JohnnyD! It's great to see you land on your feet -- and take a large leap forward at the same time. Guess I'll have to reschedule those plans to visit, eh?

7. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Congrats, Johnny! You're one of the best people I've "met" through this site (I still put it in quotes even if we unknowingly sat 4 seats apart at the UK-LSU football game) and I wish you all joy in the future.

You deserve it as much, if not more, than anyone I know.

8. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Johnny, Congrats. You're a good guy. Big change for you, but no doubt you'll do well. Go forth, and embrace your inner tree hugger.

9. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

This should generate lots and lots of culture-clash postings. "What, no crawfish at the seafood market?!?"

Always good to expand your horizons. Good luck!

10. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Do they know what a coonass is in Washington state?

11. SixToe

SixToe Well-Known Member

Best of luck, JD, and be sure to ask for boudin with your morning coffee to throw 'em a curveball.

12. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Dont forget to bring some Slap Boudreaux's with you...

Draft saved Draft deleted