1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Foley shot with a .2333 BAC.....damn!!!!

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Riddick, Sep 14, 2006.

1. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

[​IMG]

Or drunker than Billy Carter.

(What a great slogan)

2. jgmacg

jgmacg Guest

Personally, I would refer to a .2333 as "Yeltsin drunk."

But I defer to the experts. And post here, not for the first time nor for the last, for those too young or too drunk to remember it whole, the authoritative list.

Dan Jenkins' Ten Stages of Drunkenness

1. Witty and Charming
    2. Rich and Powerful
    3. Benevolent
    4. Clairvoyant
    5. Fuck Dinner
    6. Patriotic
    7. Crank up the Enola Gay
    8. Witty and Charming, Part II
    9. Invisible
    10. Bulletproof

3. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

A few years back, one of my buds had his stomach pumped.

4. BYH

BYH Active Member

While I think Foley was targeted for revenge by the men in Blue, be glad he was caught at all.

Cause this, too, can happen when a guy is driving w/a BAC three times the legal limit: Two people, including a 7-year-oild girl, killed in a limo coming back from a wedding when a jackass is driving the wrong way on a highway.

http://www.newsday.com/news/printedition/longisland/ny-lilimo124888262sep12,0,3227537.story?coll=ny-linews-print

"Her hair was over her face, and I went to pick her up," Flynn said, speaking without emotion. "But then I realized it was just her head. I put my hand under her neck ... and I stated to the car that Kate was dead. It was more as a statement than as a scream."

5. pallister

pallister Guest

.233 for a guy that size was probably at least 18-20 beers, or the equivalent of the hard stuff. In addiion to being a big guy, he likely has a pretty high tolerance. As smeone pointed out previously, casual drinkers can't stay conscious to get their BAC up to .233.

6. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

I'd like to meet the ones that don't.

7. lono

lono Active Member

Evidently, he was at No. 10.

Which I think officially qualifies as keeping it krunk.

8. PeteyPirate

PeteyPirate Guest

If he really was at No. 10, he would still be playing.

9. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

In college, my best friend was home for Christmas and hanging out with some of his old high school buddies. Long story short, he got stinking drunk. The car he was riding in stopped at a red light and he got out and decided just to run, kind of like Pootie Tang. Just run, run, run.

He woke up the next morning in a detox center and couldn't find his shoes. He had no recollection of getting there. They told him he blew a .37.

We have forever called him Detox.

Which was better than his first nickname -- Toga -- which had something to do with his taste for a large woman in a toga at a party freshman year.

Good times.

10. DocTalk

DocTalk Active Member

Doesn't happen much anymore, especially with drunks. Nobody in the ER likes the smell of beer coming back to see the light of day.

11. BYH

BYH Active Member

What do you typically do for someone's suffered acute alcohol poisoning?

12. DocTalk

DocTalk Active Member

The treatment for significant alcohol intoxication is time. If the patient starts vomiting and has problems protecting their airway (vomit is not good for the inside of your lungs), then they get paralysed, intubated and put on a ventilator until the liver does its job. Doesn't happen too often, but often enough.

That's why when caring for a friend who has had too much to drink, you should rest them on their side, so the vomit drools out of their mouth. If they are on their back and vomit, their next brreath drags it into their lungs.

Draft saved Draft deleted