1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Foley shot with a .2333 BAC.....damn!!!!

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Riddick, Sep 14, 2006.

1. Riddick

Riddick Active Member

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2587718

SAN DIEGO -- Chargers linebacker Steve Foley had a blood-alcohol level of 0.233 percent, nearly three times California's legal limit of 0.08 percent, when he was shot Sept. 3 outside his home.

How drunk is that?

2. PeteyPirate

PeteyPirate Guest

As a skunk?

3. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

Let's say about five beer, depending on his metabolism. one beer will make some people blow over a .08. It doesn't take a whole lot.

4. PeteyPirate

PeteyPirate Guest

I would disagree with that. .23 has put people in the hospital. When, um, a friend of mine got a DWI years ago he had drunk about eight beers and blew a .14.

ADD:

.02 MELLOW FEELING. SLIGHT BODY WARMTH. LESS INHIBITED.

05 NOTICEABLE RELAXATION. LESS ALERT. LESS SELF-FOCUSED. COORDINATION IMPAIRMENT BEGINS.

.08 DRUNK DRIVING LIMIT. DEFINITE IMPAIRMENT IN COORDINATION AND JUDGMENT.

.10 NOISY. POSSIBLE EMBARRASSING BEHAVIOR. MOOD SWINGS. REDUCTION IN REACTION TIME.

.15 IMPAIRED BALANCE AND MOVEMENT. CLEARLY DRUNK.

.30 MANY LOSE CONSCIOUSNESS

.40 MOST LOSE CONSCIOUSNESS; SOME DIE.

.50 BREATHING STOPS. MANY DIE.

5. Riddick

Riddick Active Member

shit!

6. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

maybe the Chargers should drink a beer to celebrate a TD now instead of the "bull" movement (tribute to Foley, whose nickname is apparently Bull) they did on MNF, game 2?

7. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

Then again, perhaps that was the Chargers saying the Raiders were playing like a bowel movement!

8. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

It all depends on metabolism and the length of time it took to drinnk said beers. I know some people where 2 beers and their drunk off their ass, it takes about six Canadian beers before I even start to feel anything, and a case before I would say I'm drunk, and I can keep going for a good while after that. I know a number of people where drinking a flat is no big deal and then they're usually hitting the hard stuff as well.

9. TwoGloves

TwoGloves Well-Known Member

I had a buddy blow a .39 three years ago. Cop was shocked. Asked him to blow again and then asked if felt OK. My buddy said yes but the cop took him to the hosptial where the doctor asked if he was OK. He said he felt fine so they hauled him off to jail. Needless to say, he had a major drinking problem and quit three years ago this month.

10. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

I think .2333 is the "Fuck Dinner" stage of drunkeness. Or it could be the "Crank Up the Enola Gay" stage, I'm not sure.

11. Left_Coast

Left_Coast Active Member

Prosecutors think Foley is on 'roids and want some blood:

SAN DIEGO (AP) - Prosecutors say they suspect Chargers linebacker Steve Foley was on steroids when he was shot three times by an off-duty police officer.

"His history of aggressive and even violent contact with law enforcement indicates the possibility of more than mere alcohol involvement," wrote criminal investigator Dan Nordell in an affidavit for a search warrant. "(Steroids) can cause erratic behavior in those that use them. This has been given names like 'roid rage for the uncontrollable outbursts and violence experienced by some users."

On Thursday, prosecutors requested a sample of Foley's blood from Sharp Memorial Hospital, where he was reported in fair condition earlier in the week.

Authorities have no evidence that Foley, 31, was using performance-enhancing drugs but want to test his blood because the linebacker has had previous run-ins with law enforcement, according to the affidavit.

12. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

Depending, mostly, on his weight.

Probably 8-10 beers for that guy.

Draft saved Draft deleted