1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

FNC: Fred Thompson of 'Law & Order' Considering Run for Oval Office in 2008

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Deeper_Background, Mar 2, 2007.

1. Deeper_Background

Deeper_Background Active Member

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/1794264/posts?q=1&&page=1

2. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Delusional braindamage knows no bounds.

3. Deeper_Background

Deeper_Background Active Member

Looks like a last ditch effort to stop social liberal Rudy G.

4. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

He's a star on a show that's been left on the Friday night ice floe to die. I'm not thinking so.

5. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I'll consider voting for him is Mariska Hargitay is his VP... :)

6. Double J

Double J Active Member

That's intriguing. Thompson has far more political experience than either of the two front-running Democrats, both in the Senate and behind the scenes. He's maintained his involvement in government and in Republican circles since turning full-time to acting, so much so that he probably still has more insight into federal and foreign affairs than Giulani could ever hope to have.

7. John

John Well-Known Member

If he runs, he should be sure to quote Days of Thunder as often as possible.

8. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

He's always struck me as a guy with a good head on his shoulders. And he's kind of a rarity -- someone who was in congress long enough to know enough people to get deals done, but who has been out long enough to remember how the real world works. I'm more excited about him running than any of the other folks out there right now.

9. Hammer Pants

Hammer Pants Active Member

Interesting GOP candidate, for sure.

Was it Thompson who had the great flannel shirt/pickup truck commercials when he was running for senate in Tennessee?

10. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

He's really freaking tall. I was in front of him in line once at the airport.

Once.

11. Birdscribe

Birdscribe Active Member

That was Lamar Alexander.

12. Hammer Pants

Hammer Pants Active Member

You're right. As a native, I should have known that was more of Lamar thing than a Freddie T. thing. Chalk that one up to a long day.

Draft saved Draft deleted