1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

FML - Rockbottom version = UPDATE (RB 1, Dryer 0!)

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Rockbottom, Jul 27, 2009.

1. Rockbottom

Rockbottom Well-Known Member

Re: FML - Rockbottom version

And yeah, between this and my laptop (/crossthread!), I am having a sub-par hard goods week.

The latter is getting its hard drive AND one-piece keyboard/speaker rig replaced tomorrow. At least Dell is picking up the tab on that one ...

RB

2. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

You're right. It is about $250. The washers were $450.

And $250 still ain't $150. :D

3. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

I think mine was a floor display model, and that it made it a little bit cheaper.
    And it isn't a name brand and it is very bare bones model.
    But it was cheap. And that was the important thing at the time.

4. bagelchick

bagelchick Active Member

Craigslist.

5. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

I had tire blowout on the highway Saturday.
    I bought a new Boss RC-2 pedal, but when I got back home my Boss PH-3 wasn't working for some reason.
    Still had fun the the RC-2, which is amazing, but not as much fun as I would have if the phaser was working.

6. Some Guy

Some Guy Active Member

And, come to think of it, it's just a clothesline stretched out across the backyard .... ;)

7. Rockbottom

UPDATE: I am just a redundant class away from being a DRYER REPAIR EXPERT!!!

OK, I got a *smidge* of assistance, via going into the appliance parts place here in Podunk and talking through with them what the issue was ... but I was able to take apart my dryer, re-install the felt I accidentally yanked out, establish what was causing the squeaking (it was two little hard-plastic guides that had worn away. Replacement cost: $9.55 per), vacuum out eight years worth of stored-up lint all through it, replace the vent sleeve, and get it back running.

So I spent $19.10, and a couple hours of my time (of which it is copious right now ...) to do what *would* have cost me easily in the triple digits!

Woo hoo!!!

rb

8. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

Winner, winner, Chicken dinner.

Great job RB.

9. spnited

spnited Active Member

And now you have a new career path as well. You can be the dude charging $90 to walk in the door!

Great work, rb.

10. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

Wow. After reading this thread yesterday, I would have said no fuckin' way that dryer was getting repaired (at least not by rb).

This may be a bigger upset than Lake Placid.

11. Rockbottom

You ain't lying, J. Tiberius Kirk.

This adds my marketable skills to, um, two?

rb

12. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

"I never thought I'd say this again, but do you believe in miracles?" -- Al Michaels

(granted, that was on Craig T. Nelson's TV show Coach, but still.)

Congrats RB.

Draft saved Draft deleted