1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Flying with beer

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Smokey33, Nov 26, 2006.

1. Smokey33

Smokey33 Member

I've got a trip coming up (a short flight) and I need to bring a couple cases of beer both to and fro. I'm meeting some friends and we're exchanging cases of beer only available where each of us lives.

Anyway, has anyone tried to check a case or two on a plane? How did you pack it?

2. 21

21 Well-Known Member

Hide them in snakes.

3. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

I've flown with wine bottles in my carry-on. That, however, was earlier this year before all of the liquid banning fiasco started. I had no problems with my tote bag, but not sure what the situation is now. Good luck.

4. spaceman

spaceman Active Member

just mail it, bro.

there's no way they let you carry that shit on anymore.

5. Smokey33

Smokey33 Member

I planned on bringing the beer in a box as one of my checked luggage items. Just wondered if anyone had tried that and if the beer had been damaged.

I'm too cheap to mail it. How much would it cost to mail a $25 case of beer? $15? That just doesn't seem worth it to me.

6. Simon

Simon Active Member

I put it in my suitcase around my clothes but it was only 5 bottles..and I'm a minor..wooo..MIP on a plane.

7. Perry White

Perry White Active Member

This might be able to help: http://www.realbeer.com/library/beerbreak/archives/beerbreak20011101.php

8. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

Oh yeah, what kind of beer?

9. Flash

Flash Guest

I've packed six packs in my luggage and it always made it across the country unscathed.

10. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Boy, they'll let you people get away with anything in Canuckistan, huh?

:D

11. Flash

Flash Guest

:p
    I'm not sure about the rules now but yeah, especially when it comes to beer. I can remember toting cases on board and stowing them under the seat in front of me. I do recall this one young lass who tried to stop me, fearing the bottles would explode due to the cabin pressure.
    I said, 'Sweetheart, I guarantee you it won't happen. I've taken beer onto planes more times than you've had boyfriends.'

12. OTD

OTD Well-Known Member

Back in the days when you couldn't get Coors in Florida, I brought 3 cases back in a duffle bag in checked baggage. No problem, especially when I left the bottom third of the bag on the floor while the rest of it was on the scale. Beer is heavy.

Draft saved Draft deleted