1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Fly Fusion Pen - Anyone got one?

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Write-brained, Nov 25, 2007.

1. Someone wants to buy me one of these Fly Fusion Pens for Christmas. Apparently you write your notes on pads they provide you and the computer program transfers your notes to a word document.

I'm not good at typing notes directly onto my computer, so in a perfect world it would make sense. But it sounds like it might be too cumbersome, especially at $80. I think I'd prefer to invest that cash into a GPS system.

Anyone here use them and think they're worth it?

Thanks in advance.

2. I had not heard of this until you mentioned it and now, having looked it up on the Web, I find the idea intriguing, to say the least. Logitech has a similar product, the io2, located at http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/mice_pointers/digital_pen/devices/408&cl=us,en and the only difference I can see, so far, aside from brand name, is the price, about $50 more.

Though it looks like the io2 is a bit more advanced in terms of handwriting recognition and transferring it to a digital file ready for a program like Word, et al. But that's just what I gleaned from reading about them on their respective Web sites!

Still, it is a pretty cool concept.

3. TopNotch1127

TopNotch1127 New Member

I'd say go for the GPS system. My parents are getting me one for Christmas, and not only will it help me get to West Podunk Township High School a lot easier, but think about all the trees I'm saving from not using Google Maps!

Draft saved Draft deleted