1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Florida Times-Union colunmnist

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by OrangeGrad, Aug 30, 2006.

1. Tarheel316

Tarheel316 Well-Known Member

You're hired!

2. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

I just can't ever see myself living in Florida. Of course, I'd say the same about Ohio.

3. DyePack

DyePack New Member

I'm just glad to see the journalism industry continuing to support straightforward, honest people and shunning those who mislead. We can always count on the hiring executives in this industry to separate the wheat from the chaff.

4. scalper

scalper Member

Did the veteran big name turn it down because of the pay?

5. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

So how is Akron working to get him back, like another poster said?

6. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Whatcha talkin' bout, Willis?

7. DyePack

DyePack New Member

It was extreme sarcasm.

8. wheels89

wheels89 Active Member

Supposedly if three people at Akron take buyouts or decide to leave then Reed is safe, and from early indications, that is going to happen.
    It's good though that he's interviewing. It means he's finally convinced that it is time to get out of Northeast Ohio/Western Pa.

9. CaymanGuy

CaymanGuy Member

Let's see NFL's Jacksonville Jaguars, Florida Gators, Florida State Seminoles, Players Championship, ACC Championship game, Gator Bowl, beaches, warm winter weather and no state income tax. Yeah, you're right. Better you should remain assistant agate editor of the Pocatello Weekly Gazette than try to land in the Sunshine State.

10. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Yeah, what he said. Even if it is the right buttcheek of Florida.

11. SF_Express

SF_Express Active Member

I guess it's repetitive, but I'll repeat anyway. A columnist job in Jacksonville is a good job. Because the columnist will at least be a little better spot to deal with the one drawback -- the cheapness of Morris.

I enjoyed my time living in that city -- but then, I don't think NYC or LA or whatever are the only places worth living in the world, either.

12. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I was just making fun of the defensive tone of Cayman's post. I've got no real beef with Jacksonville. Not my absolute favorite Florida city but a lot better than most places.

Draft saved Draft deleted