1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Florida State Fan Goes over the line

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by OklahomaSports, Sep 14, 2011.

1. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

10 years ago, if a fan chanted something vile, it was called "rude fan behavior."

Today, if a fan tweets something vile, it's called "social media."

You ignore such things UNLESS AND UNTIL the schools or players comment on it. You do not go to player and ask him, "So, what do you think about Nolesfan98 wishing your sister would be raped? Care to comment?"

2. KJIM

KJIM Well-Known Member

This isn't some Arab Spring; it's comment from an anonymous moron. I have yet to see much that anyone outside of the OU student paper knows about it, let alone is making a big deal about it, and even those reader comments are more to the effect of "It's one stupid guy, let it go. We do dumb things too."

I'm still waiting on the OP to send me the link to the school's official apology. So far as I see, no one in Tallahassee even knows this happened. (With the caveat I haven't searched exhaustively.) I'd really like to see the wording.

I do know when I attended football games as a season ticketholder, I'd look around at the other 79k people and think, "Where the hell did these morons come from?"

3. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Say what you will, but that's a beat with a zillion stories.

4. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Agree with Dick (a rarity). The type who post that crap on Twitter aren't subscribing to the paper anyway.

5. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

That's one reason I wished him luck, Inky.

6. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  7. Matt Stephens

Matt Stephens Well-Known Member

Well here's just an idiotic comment from an OU fan who is a friend of mine on Facebook ... and also trying to go into journalism. He's mad the Tulsa World didn't write an OU/FSU story on Friday (God forbid!).

"The Tulsa World wonders why it's struggling? When they don't even publish one article the day before the game about OU-Florida State which happens to be the biggest game in the college football season up to date...they have articles about OSU-TU? Those 2 schools can't even fill up a 30,000 seat stadium for their game...and OSU thinks they have a bigtime program? You are an embarrassment to the Big 12...It sucks we have to take your sorry asses to the Pac 12 with us..."

8. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

Your friend has a great future writing for Bleacher Report.

9. Matt Stephens

Matt Stephens Well-Known Member

lol ok that did make me laugh a little. touche

Draft saved Draft deleted