1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Florida State beat reporter, Orlando Sentinel

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by Tim Stephens, Feb 25, 2011.

1. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I clearly had no idea of that.

2. Mizzougrad96

I will now crawl into the fetal position while people kick me. :D

3. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

honest mistake, no worries. But, yeah, he would not make a great hire. Not yet anyway. Kids I worked with are still playing at VCU and I know I could not cover the team objectively until they're all gone.

4. Mizzougrad96

This beat has usually gone to Orlando's best preps writer and whoever that is, is usually pretty damn good. The Sentinel had one FSU writer that I didn't think was very good, but everybody since him has done pretty well.

5. Mizzougrad96

I don't know if he would take it, but if Orlando can use this job to get Chris Harry back, that should be the no-brainer to end all no-brainers.

6. So what it is, kinfolk? They finna keep it an inside job or bust it open to da wolves?

7. You so rarely disappoint. Thank you, good sir.

8. Thanks for the words, homie. Just tryin to get the down low on da gig. A lot of folks be postin but none hirin from outside they own boundaries.

9. da man

da man Well-Known Member

I'll say this for Mizzou -- he has the exact mentality you want in your cornerbacks. Get burned for an 80-yard touchdown but come back the next possession convinced you can cover anyone.

10. Raiders

Raiders Guest

Orlando isn't the same paper it used to be, though.

Layoffs and downsizing the page count has taken a lot away from what used to be a very good sports section. Hard to fathom, but there it is.

Demise of a great run, etc., etc.

11. Mizzougrad96

That's fair.

12. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Done:

Coley Harvey, formerly Georgia Tech beat writer for the Macon Telegraph, is moving to the Orlando Sentinel to cover Florida State.

Draft saved Draft deleted