1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Florida Primaries

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Boom_70, Jan 21, 2012.

1. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

"hypocrisy"

2. RickStain

Yes.

3. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Are we for it or against it?

4. RickStain

Against it.

Choosing not to volunteer does not disqualify you from being in charge of the deployment of a volunteer army. Thank goodness, too, because I don't want an all-military leadership.

5. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Is "choosing not to volunteer" the same as dodging the draft?

6. RickStain

No, but that makes the hypocrisy argument even more difficult to sustain.

7. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

We've done this before, but I'm kind of for it.

8. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

No . . . though neither Mittens nor Cheney took that route . . . both actively evaded the call -- Little Dick, especially.

9. deskslave

deskslave Active Member

Unemployment down to 8.3%. Don't start shopping for drapes, Mrs. Romney.

10. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Mssrs. Moneybags have been banking on that number, and BO's negative ratings, all the way.

The latter remains especially hilarous, for as I've reiterated here for a year and a half . . . the GOP actually has to nominate somebody. It's not a simple BO referendum. And the wisest of the Pub's major players knew better than to take the shot, this year.

11. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

With the way House Republicans have dragged their feet on everything during the second half of Obama's first term, they've made it easy for voters to figure things out regarding jobs. Will they decide Obama is responsible for any economic turnaround, and that it would have been more if Republicans weren't so obstinate? Or will they decide the Republicans are responsible (hey, fewer government jobs is meaning more private-sector jobs!), and any success comes despite Obama's meddling?

I guess there's a third choice -- will they decide the current system is WORKING, and send back Obama AND the Tea Party House?

12. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Bob, that's what I think the spin will be. The tea partiers will claim their obstruction prevented Obama from destroying more jobs.

Draft saved Draft deleted