1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Flight of the Conchords

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by lantaur, Jul 16, 2007.

1. lantaur

lantaur Well-Known Member

Not sure how the ratings are for this show, but it is hilarious. The two songs from last night's show (7-15) were classic (I also love the way they make some look like a video from the '70s).

I was cracking up during "It's Business Time" and you have to like any song that uses "cockblocking" in it (the Sally song).

2. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

This show is really funny. The musical numbers are great. In the first four or five episodes they have channeled so many different musical styles, and done them all really well. The lyrics to the songs are funny. They are really talented musically to be able to produce that stuff for each episode, and then on top of it, they can deadpan comedy as well as anyone. What's funny is that they they are taking the experience of being young and living in NYC--living like a roach--and exaggerating it into something even funnier and dopier than it really is. I love this show.

3. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

I've never heard of this show. What channel? What night? What time?

4. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

HBO, Sunday nights. Not sure of the time.

5. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

Here's some bits someone forwarded to me last week. Maybe they're still there, maybe not. Been meaning to watch it, and I keep putting it off.

6. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

I've huge, huge fan of this show, but I actually thought last night's episode wasn't great. Even with the reference to cockblocking, the second song seemed, to me, a little weak. But it's a great, great show. Last week's song about Coco, "If That's What You're Into" had me rolling.

I'm the mother-flipping...

7. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Oh, I don't get HBO any more. :(

8. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

I DVR the show and watch it the next day. I'll see last night's today. I have really enjoyed it.

The camera phone bit was awesome.

"Bret doesn't mind me dating his ex-girlfriend."
    "I actually do mind."
    "See, he doesn't mind at all."

I am the boom boom king!

9. lantaur

lantaur Well-Known Member

The hip-hopipottamus (and I'm sure I spelled that wrong :)) might be one of the best lines of the year.

10. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Hmmm ... if these are the songs they're doing, I've already heard them. They had an HBO special about two years ago, and they did all these songs.

11. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

I liked the episode. The second song wasn't their best (The hippopotamus rap is still my favorite), but the story line was still pretty funny for the episode. I loved how he moved into the nice doorman building on Central Park West... The whole time I was thinking, "WTF?" Then when it was the "compartment" I was laughing because that kind of thing REALLY happens in NYC. They took a grain of scary truth and turned it into something pretty funny.

12. mltru2tx

mltru2tx Member

The first episode was hilarious and the next two were awful. I laughed maybe three times in Ep. 2 and 3 combined. However, last week's episode had me rolling with the "If You're Into It" song and last night's was great too. However, don't fool yourself into thinking they're "producing these quality songs for every episode" because every song so far is at least a few years old.

Draft saved Draft deleted