1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Fletch Won news: Very disappointing

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Killick, Jun 7, 2008.

1. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Fletch: Can I call anybody right now? Can I call my mom and tell her how much I love her?

Police chief, looking both ways: Uhh, guess not.

2. Norman Stansfield

Norman Stansfield Active Member

And he draws the foul!

3. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

Can I borrow your towel? My car just hit a water buffalo.

4. Norman Stansfield

Provo, Spain?

5. Hug a cop!

6. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

When Smith was attached, Chase wasn't even going to make a cameo. Let's hope it stays that way.

7. Norman Stansfield

Hey Freddy, how's the herpes?

8. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

Yeah, but even if Chase isn't in the flick, some entertainment reporter somewhere is going to want to say to their boss "hey, what's Chevy doing these days? Let's find out!" And it will give Chase a stage to bitch about the movie, explain again how funny he is and lament the state of film these days (and quite possibly, take another swipe at Kevin Smith). As if Chevy was deMille. Yeah, CC, we remember "Cops and Robbersons." Go sit in the corner.

9. mediaguy

mediaguy Well-Known Member

I love your body, Larry.

10. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

Watched Fletch again yesterday. Got me to thinking, has anyone ever had a steeper fall from top-of-the-world funny to staggeringly unfunny?

You've got guys like Steve Martin who went from super funny to not particularly funny. But Chevy is so deep in negative territory it's just painful.

11. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

The difference? Depth. Sure, Martin hasn't been the "it" guy for a while, but he did other stuff that was great in a different vein. His mag columns have been strong. He's done some dramatic turns. I thougjt "Shopgirl" (the book) was very good. And, yes, he's made family-safe pics (Father of the Bride, Parenthood, etc) Now, that in no way excuses "Bringin' Down the House" or whatever that was called, and it's ilk, but he's done other stuff.

Chevy had nothing else to offer. Nada.

So, yep, he gets my vote for most complete downfall. I know it's heresy to some, but I didn't even find the vacation flicks very funny. Watch one now. Doesn't hold up very well at all.

12. mediaguy

mediaguy Well-Known Member

Hey now. Vacation is a classic. Christmas Vacation holds up just fine. European, yes, horrible. And I was going to see "Vegas" in the theatres, but I was sick that day.

Draft saved Draft deleted