1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Flat-out bad parenting at the movies

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by greenlantern, Mar 7, 2009.

1. greenlantern

greenlantern Guest

Dr. Manhattan spend most of the movie naked.

2. KG

KG Active Member

And to think, after seeing it, I was pissed that Coraline was marketed toward kids.

3. TwoGloves

TwoGloves Well-Known Member

And there are good people out there who can't have kids. Sad.

4. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I understand babysitters cost a bit, but geez.

5. JC

JC Well-Known Member

The real question is, did you go to an expensive reastaurant after where there were kids there, and was a mother there breast feeding her child?

6. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

How old do you think the kid was?

7. Wenders

Wenders Well-Known Member

Several years ago, I went with my parents to see Ray, the biopic about Ray Charles with Jamie Foxx. Sitting right in front of us was a guy and his son, who couldn't have been more than four.

There's a LOT of drug use and sex in that movie and every few minutes, the son was asking the dad a question about the slang used in the movie. As in, "What's withdrawel, Daddy?" I was shocked that the kid was actually sitting and watching the movie, as I have 3- and 5-year-old cousins who can't sit down for five minutes, let alone a two-hour movie, but still. Take the little kid to a Pixar movie and let him rent Ray when he's old enough to get it.

8. clintrichardson

clintrichardson Active Member

my favorite memory like this is from the early 90s, seeing a mother with what looked like her six- and four-year-old sons at a screening of....Basic Instinct.

9. greenlantern

greenlantern Guest

There's been times that I've wondered whether or not I would make a good dad someday. After reading some of these responses, I've realized I'd be a great dad, just because I have common sense.

10. thegrifter

thegrifter Member

I went to see Superbad with my girlfriend a couple of years back when this family comes in with a bunch of kids. One of the kids is what appears to be a newborn. I'm laughing my ass off at the movie when out of the corner of my eye I see the dad drop the kid over the railing from the first row. It's a daytime show, so there wasn't many people, but you can hear the few of us in the theatre gasp. The dad calmly crouches and is reaching around for the kid on the floor instead of getting up and walking around to grab him. The baby is screaming and you can tell the mom wants to leave, but you hear the dad telling her "wait till the damn movie is over."
    Fuckn prick of a parent.

11. CentralIllinoisan

CentralIllinoisan Active Member

That man would not have wanted me in the theater.

12. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Kill Bill, Vol. 1 - A family with three kids between 4 and 10 were sitting a few rows behind us. At one point, you hear this sweet, innocent little girl's voice ask "Why are they trying to kill that lady?" during the tea house fight against the Crazy 88s. Throughout the movie, the bits of silence were constantly punctuated with this little girl asking "Why did she cut that man's head off?" or "Why does she hate that lady?"

After the movie, as we are walking out, I make eye contact with the father. "You brought your kids to this? Well aren't you the fucking father of the fucking year."

The wife gets pissed and says "Watch your mouth." I really lost it then and began ranting about how child services should take their kids.

In the lobby, I spot a manager and rip him one for letting parents take small kids into an R-rated movie. He says something about it being "their right." I tell him he's an idiot and walk off seething.

Draft saved Draft deleted