1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Flash: Ann Coulter is a hateful shrew

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Evil ... Thy name is Orville Redenbacher!!, Jun 27, 2007.

1. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Don't get me wrong Pastor. I'm not giving Coulter a break. I'm trying to be pre-emptive by getting it out there that Maher said something similar. You know that if it's not mentioned, the Yawns of the world would be screaming, "But what about what Maher said?????"

2. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

A couple of days ago Annthrax categorized Bush's handling of Iraq as "brilliant."

Not "a work in progress."

Not "history will be the judge."

Not "mistakes are made in any war."

Those we have come to expect from the backpeddling hawks.

But . . . "brilliant"?

The only thing I can imagine that compare on the stupidity scale would be if someone said the moon was brighter than the sun.

3. MilanWall

MilanWall Member

Maher and Coulter are both major league assholes.

4. Which was her stupid point - "Maybe if I said I wished he would be in a terrorist attack, that would be OK," i.e. because Bill Maher says asanine things, she can, too.

5. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

AA, I know what you are saying, but it really doesn't matter. The real kicker is that if this were someone on the left, anyone, it wouldn't matter that Coulter said it first. It would be all over the news how Liberal Joe wants Bush dead.

Let's face facts. The only reason that Maher is mentioned in the news copy is to excuse the statement. Nothing more.

6. Bill Horton

Bill Horton Active Member

Regardless of her views or whether or you agree with her particular politics, I don't see why she has to be so mean, so crude and so arrogant toward those she criticizes. It seems to diminish whatever experience or intelligence she might otherwise bring to the table. There's just got to be a better way to get your point across than to be mean-spirited and caustic.

7. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

There is.

Speak (or write) intelligently and with the facts on your side.

Annthrax is 0 for 2 in that department.

Thus, mean-spirited and caustic is the only card she has to play.

8. Mighty_Wingman

Mighty_Wingman Active Member

Ann Coulter is -- objectively -- a terrible human being, a despicable political hack and the kind of Republican who makes me ashamed to have ever voted Repulican.

But don't you think the folks around here who routinely refer to her as a c-u-n-t or pick on her physical appearance are ALSO being "mean-spirited and caustic?"

(And yes, I think I've made this same argument every time we've ever had an Ann Coulter thread. It's still true.)

9. Platyrhynchos

Platyrhynchos Active Member

FB, you crack my shit UP. ;D

10. I actually think she tries to be a C-word. It's her "thing."

11. joe

joe Active Member

The humidity here today is as hateful as Ann Coulter. But it doesn't eat its young.

12. Big Buckin' agate_monkey

Big Buckin' agate_monkey Active Member

Fuck that nappy-headed, ho-bag bitch.

Draft saved Draft deleted