1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Five Guys

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Barsuk, Jul 10, 2008.

1. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I take my dates to Unos. That's where the magic happens.

2. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

http://www.sportsjournalists.com/forum/threads/54639/

Tough thing about this message board is that so many topics have been covered.

I agree a statute of limitations should be given to certain topics, but this one was just hashed over a few months ago.

3. Overrated

Overrated Guest

I thought this was a spin off of IJAG's "single guys" thread. I was terrified to click, but I couldn't resist.

4. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

It's statue.

5. Jay Sherman

Jay Sherman Member

Burgers are infinitely customizable; make sure to get a SMALL Cajun fries. The large ones are gigantic and a 2-3 person job.

6. expendable

expendable Well-Known Member

I like Five Guys, but there are better local burger joints out there. But if it's between Five Guys and McDonalds, go with Five Guys if you have the cash.

7. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

The fries are good, but overall I'm not impressed. Especially not with the price. How excited should you be? Not very. I'd be excited if Backyard Burger were heading my way, but they seem to have gone out of business.

8. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I'm waiting for the Burger Barn. I hear there are lots of opportunities.

9. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

WFW...except for the part about the fries.

Burgers are fine, but not worth the cost. I like crispy fries, and Five Guys' are just soggy.

10. expendable

expendable Well-Known Member

If BYB has gone out of business, this will go down as one of the worst days of my life. :'(

11. Monday Morning Sportswriter

Monday Morning Sportswriter Well-Known Member

Great fries, but other places do better burgers.

The big problem, to me, is that their cooks are smooshers, pressing down on the burgers as they cook. That's a cardinal sin.

And I don't like how they're needlessly sloppy. Grease is everywhere -- on your bag, oozing out of your burger wrapping, etc. A day after eating a Five Guys burger, I can still smell the oniony grease on my fingers.

12. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Incorrect. The one in Anniston, Alabama, among others, is still fully operational.

http://www.backyardburgers.com/www/40_36_0.cfm

Draft saved Draft deleted