1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Firsts

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by e4, Jun 29, 2006.

1. Platyrhynchos

Platyrhynchos Active Member

The first time I broke 100 straight in trapshooting.

The last five targets I was shaking like a dog shitting pine cones. I was on post #1, got five hard left angles.

And I absolutely smoked every one of those sumbitches.

2. shotglass

shotglass Guest

First home run. At 12. I remember the pitcher, the location of the pitch, everything.

3. Bubba Fett

Bubba Fett Active Member

First marathon. My goal was to do it in 3:30.

I finished in 3:29.57.

I've run a couple more since, but nothing beat the satisfaction of finishing the first.

And the first time I really surfed kicked ass, as well. I wish I still lived near a beach.

4. OnTheRiver

OnTheRiver Active Member

* Both kids' first words.

* End of my first half-marathon.

* First (and last) bungee jump.

5. HC

HC Well-Known Member

The first time I sang solo with an orchestra.  For those who know classical music, I sang "Urlicht", the 4th movement from Mahler's Second Symphony.  It was the moment when I knew that if that was all I ever got, the years of study and sacrifice had been worth it.  Me alone on stage with an orchestra of 110 instruments and no microphone.  Still the most sublime moment of my life.

6. BarbersGmen

BarbersGmen Member

I quit my other job last week after getting knifed in the back one too many times, which might qualify as being the first time I've ever stood up for myself and told someone to go fuck themselves.

Now with just the part time job at my paper, it'll be the first time I've ever worked under 40 hours a week since high school.

Draft saved Draft deleted