1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

First, there was Romeo and Juliet. Then West Side Story. Now ...

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by TheSportsPredictor, Apr 11, 2008.

1. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Moms decide religion.
    Dads pick the gang.
    It ain't that hard.

2. andyouare?

andyouare? Guest

No, no, no.

The son joins the dad's gang. If they have a daughter, she joins mom's gang. Simple.

It's been that way for generations in my family.

3. PeteyPirate

PeteyPirate Guest

I don't know why people get this tunnel vision when it comes to their kids' gang (and choice of college, I will add). Why must he be part of the gang of one of his parents? What if he wants to join Mara Salvatrucha (MS-13)?

4. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I am all for giving kids some responsibility and choice, but that would make for some messy playdates, methinks.

5. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Well, he could be joining this one;

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  6. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

We are fucking doomed.

I am laffing til I am crying.

7. PeteyPirate

PeteyPirate Guest

Which gangs operate in your neighborhood? Which would you like to join, based on the names?

http://www.gangsorus.com/usgangs.html

8. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

What if different gangs have different rules? One insists that you go by the father and the other goes by the mother?

Doesn't the Catholic religion dictate that it is determined by the father and Judiasm goes by the mother? I went to a high school with a guy who had such a mixed parentage and apprently it all got a little confusing.

9. andyouare?

andyouare? Guest

Awesome! I could join the Jamesown Project Gang. Although, I'll probably bring my own refreshments to any get togethers.

10. broadway joe

broadway joe Guest

Typical Type A parents, obsessed with status. They need to realize it's not about which gang controls the largest turf or has done the most drive-bys. It's about finding that gang that's the best fit for their kid.

11. OTD

OTD Well-Known Member

Awwwwww . . . Baby's First Tattoo!

12. PeteyPirate

PeteyPirate Guest

Great point. I mean some people want to get beat in, others prefer to get sexed in.

Draft saved Draft deleted