1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

First penis transplant reversed after two weeks

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Perry White, Sep 19, 2006.

1. Perry White

Perry White Active Member

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20060919/od_nm/penis_transplant1_dc_1

Surgeons in China who said they performed the first successful penis transplant had to remove the donated organ because of the severe psychological problems it caused to the recipient and his wife.

Dr Weilie Hu and surgeons at Guangzhou General Hospital in China performed the complex 15-hour surgery on a 44-year old man whose penis had been damaged in a traumatic accident.

The microsurgery to attach the penis, which had been donated by the parents of a 22-year-old brain-dead man, was successful but Hu and his team removed it two weeks later.
    There had been no signs of the 10-centimetre (4-inch) organ being rejected by the recipient's body. But Hu said more cases and longer observation are needed to determine whether sexual sensation and function can be restored.

2. Idaho

Idaho Active Member

Bea Arthur has no comment.

3. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

?
    Yep, that's chili on my screen now.

I'm guessing the mental trauma that came after the surgery was when he realized they gave him a 4-inch penis. I mean come on, couldn't they hook him up with 8 inches?

4. Sxysprtswrtr

Sxysprtswrtr Active Member

http://www.ppae.ab.ca/index.php?m=3&s=1

Common Sexual Myths
    The bigger the penis, the better.
    The average penis is about 6 inches long. And, the first 2 inches of the vagina is the most sensitive. So you don't need a huge penis to satisfy a woman.

5. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

Maybe the guy started fantasizing about 22-year-olds instead of his mid-40's wife. That might create some psychological anguish for a relationship.

6. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

7. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

OK, so they decided they didn't want the new penis. Fine. But what was the backup plan when they lopped off penis No. 2? Is he now walking around penisless? Seems if that's the option, you keep the 4-incher every time. But maybe I'm overthinking this?

8. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

What tool do you use to "reverse" a transplanted penis.

9. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

A butcher knife?

10. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Thanks, Doc.

Always good to get an expert medical opinion.

11. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Salad shooter.

*can't believe I just typed that. shiver.

12. spaceman

spaceman Active Member

just a two-inch tongue, arrrgh, matey.

Draft saved Draft deleted