1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

First Derek Lowe, now Villiaraigosa. Must be that LA H2O

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Birdscribe, Jul 6, 2007.

1. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

She gone.... for two unpaid months. Then she's back. Unbelievable.

2. markvid

markvid Guest

But most of her bosses got canned or reassigned...
    She must be GREAT in bed.

3. Birdscribe

Birdscribe Active Member

It is unbelievable. The situational ethics in this biz is simply abominable.

I bet there was a mini-uprising at KNBC, the English-speaking NBC O&O about this. Telemundo is also an NBC-Universal property. Had one of KNBC's reporters done the same thing, they'd be out on their cute ass.

And it's the story that keeps on keeping on. Today, Villaraigosa was at the Port of Los Angeles with the mayor of Long Beach, talking about some kind of low-energy transport thing that nobody gives a rat's ass about. When the presser was over, the reporters came after the mayor asking questions all the way.

After his mealy-mouthed "I"m putting this mistake behind me and moving on" speech, the Port Police went ballistic and threw a Hispanic reporter from a Telemundo rival (Azteca TV) into a cargo container after she refused to back off.

I've been at an AYSO coaching clinic most of the night, so I haven't seen the tape. But I heard it's pretty damn good.

4. Elliotte Friedman

Elliotte Friedman Moderator Staff Member

5. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

That video is awesome, nothing like a forearm shiver to someone's back

6. markvid

markvid Guest

That guy should be out of a job, not pending an investigation. Now.

7. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

Indeed, fire the deviant.

The tape looks to me like he was following next to her waiting for his moment, and then took it. The sick smirk on his face when reporters tried to question him was disgusting. And that should be his last act as an officer of the law.

8. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

Looked to me like they were in a foot race, and when he realized she was going to win, he knocked her into the cargo bin.
    She's very lucky that she kept her feet or she would have tumbled in head first and been hurt.
    Or maybe not lucky, she would have gotten huge cash when she sued. She still can, but it won't be the big bucks.

9. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

If he's not a cop he's booked for assault.

Draft saved Draft deleted