1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

First date, post-divorce.

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by exmediahack, Nov 16, 2017.

1. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

What high school does she go to? [crossthread/]

KIDDING. I don't think I've ever been more excited for a date between two strangers. Have fun. Be relaxed. Trim your pubes, just in case. The first time you're with a new woman after however many years with your ex is really fucking weird. If you're anything like me, you'll experience every possible emotion. You'll also be confused when certain body parts aren't what you've come to expect and certain moves don't work the way they did. It's like losing your virginity again. And just like back then, it will get better after the first time. But the first time is a crazy life experience.

I'm getting ahead of myself. Go trim those pubes.

2. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

3. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

I just audibly said, "Oh, no" reading that.

4. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Nooooooo shit. The text I got about six seconds after posting was not pretty (and well deserved)

Thank goodness texting wasn't around ages ago. Before SJ ever existed, the former and I separated for a while. I took up with someone, warning her that we needed to keep it casual because I had no idea which was things were going to go or which way I even wanted them to go on the separation front.

We got back together (and lasted another 20 pretty good years) but that was a tough phone call. I got called MF a lot and had to sit there and take it.

5. Moderator1

Like I said, too much has changed. I didn't have to worry about that shit before.

I did learn recently there's a Jewish version of Tinder. I keep calling it Jinder but that's not it.

I think a Jewish version of Bumble would be better. Jumble.

Hermes likes this.
  6. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

Thanks, all.

I do have a couple of rules in place. No one from work and no one who is a parent at my kids' school.

She is working a 12-hour day at a hospital today. A few years younger than me. Also two kids but they're a decade younger than mine.

Her text just now said...

"I'm hungry and will have been on my feet all day. I can't wait to be off my feet a few hours. Take that for what you will..."

7. Moderator1

Dude!!!!

8. Moderator1

And remember:

[​IMG]

wicked likes this.
  9. typefitter

TRIM. PUBES.

10. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

Better go find the scissors.

11. typefitter

J-Date. I have a Jewish friend (male) who dated a gentile who cheated on him with a fairly infamous anti-Semite. Divorced, and he swore he was only dating Jews after that. Went on J-Date, found girl, went on date, got married, two kids, he's happy.

12. typefitter

Be classy and don't just throw them back in the drawer after.

exmediahack likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted