1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

First college football firing of the year?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by friend of a friend, Sep 24, 2007.

1. BYH

BYH Active Member

Sonofabitch!

Thank goodness I didn't come in 10th.

2. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

HEY! You thieves. That was my question to answer. And obviously he wasn't that fantastic if he only beat them once. ;)

3. BYH

BYH Active Member

d_b.

4. I'm just waiting for the mascot to start singing "Happy Birthday, Mr. President..." such a hot-ass mess.

5. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

No doubt ISU wanted to make the call to be first in line for all prospective coaching candidates and to put the word out to recruits that things will be different next year.

6. Blitz

Blitz Active Member

Now, if THIS 1-AA team were to go into Ann Arbor and whip Michigan, THEN we'd have our upset of the ages. :)

7. Bill Brasky

Bill Brasky Active Member

Why the hell do you fire a college football coach this early in the season? Especially at Indiana State? Was there any sort of off-the-field B.S. going on?

8. My spies tell me that Raetz wasn't even in town today. Seems odd that you would do this when the "new" coach wasn't around.

9. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

Greg McDermott, Mark Farley, Brad Penrith, and Tanya Warren, along with Rick Hartzell tells the Bison to bring it on! ;D

Actually, it will be nice for NDSU and SDSU to play UNI again. All three were in the North Central Conference in D-2 before I was born. Sadly because those two, Northern Colorado, and North Dakota have decided to bolt and move up to D-1, and woeful Morningside moving down to NAIA (the bastards should have been invited to play in D-III and join my confernce), the North Central is breaking up at the end of the school year.

Great conference, great rivalries, no thanks to the Bisons and the Jackrabbits, and Northern Colorado!!!!

10. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

I guess it goes without saying Larry Bird won't be walking through that door.

Draft saved Draft deleted