1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Firm defending Defense of Marriage Act withdraws from case

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by YankeeFan, Apr 25, 2011.

1. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Only engaging because your Tourette-esque bursts on this thread fascinate me. Saying that 99 percent of Muslims are peacable people (same as about any other group of people) and that Islam has every right to be practiced doesn't equate to "you guys love Islam." I'm not much in love with any religion and couldn't care less if one embraces me. And I think gay people have the right to do all the things straight people can do, and I don't care what the view of Islam/Christianity/Buddhism/Hinduism/Church of the Poison Mind is.

2. printdust

printdust New Member

Don't bother. Character is what you are in the dark anyway, as the saying goes.

3. lcjjdnh

lcjjdnh Well-Known Member

K&S loses NRA, too:
    http://blogs.wSportsJournalists.com/law/2011/05/02/king-spalding-loses-another-client-over-doma-decision/?mod=WSJBlog

4. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Score another point for Bob Cook:

5. terrier

terrier Well-Known Member

I wonder if there's a wholesale change in direction coming from the top if just the righty clients are leaving.

6. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

It just seems like common sense if you're the client: If you can't trust that your lawyer will stick with you through thick and thin, then you'd better find another one. I also wonder if the relationship was more with Clement than the firm. OK, sj legal eagles, how common is it for clients to follow after a partner or attorney takes a job with another firm?

7. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

This type of work is very driven by the lead lawyer, so odds are they were going to following Clement wherever he landed.

Draft saved Draft deleted