1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Firefox 2.0 available!

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by OnTheRiver, Oct 23, 2006.

1. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

I just went back to 1.5 and it locked up too. I know it's 1.5 because I went to 'about Mozilla firefox' and it said so.

Fuckabuncha.

2. Jack_Kerouac

Jack_Kerouac Member

I'm having tons of crashes with 2.0, too. Bummer, because it's blazing fast compared to 1.5.

3. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

I couldn't tell a difference between 2 and 1.5 in regards to speed. It just crashed more.

But now my 1.5 is crashing too. :(

Any suggestions?

4. PeteyPirate

PeteyPirate Guest

Abandon the Internet. It's just a fad anyway.

5. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

It's Internets. Duh.

Besides, it would let me get rid of all these tubes.

6. Stretch15

Stretch15 Member

I couldn't see any difference in the speed either.

There's only one thing I can think of - do a complete uninstall of Mozilla and a fresh install.

I feel your pain...

7. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

I uninstalled Mozilla, and went to mozilla.com to get 1.5. But I can't find anything but 2.0

Someone? Help?

8. PeteyPirate

PeteyPirate Guest

If you can find Google Pack, it will allow you to download it through the Google Web site.

9. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

OK, maybe it's not Firefox. I'm on Safari now, which came with my brand new (less than a month old) Macbook. And it's locked up three times on SportsJournalists.com in the past five minutes. All when I'm in my PMs.

The hell?

10. Stretch15

Stretch15 Member

You might be right...I'm only locking up on SportsJournalists.com as well.

It must be the SMF release candidate that doesn't get along with the browsers.

11. HoopsMcCann

HoopsMcCann Active Member

had no problem with firefox 2.0 or safari

12. Gomer

Gomer Active Member

IJAG, it's clearly something to do with something else on your computer, not the browsers.

Have you run Apple software update lately? There have been a couple updates in the past month, that might solve your problem.

If that doesn't work I'd re-download JAVA, Flash (no, not THAT Flash, I'm talking software) and Shockwave just in case. If you're not sure where to find them just google them.

Draft saved Draft deleted