1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Findlay, Ohio, not happy with Eli Saslow

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Pulitzer Wannabe, Jul 1, 2008.

1. Cousin Jeffrey

Cousin Jeffrey Active Member

And he's as dumb as they come. Makes sense. They've a lot of balls to "invite" him to "clear up" rumors about himself. Remember Barack, you gotta win Findlay!

2. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

The proof Findlay hasn't been an upstate bellwether since Chester Arthur:

http://query.nytimes.com/gst/abstract.html?res=9D00E1DA113EEF33A25755C2A96E9C94629FD7CF

3. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Dear Lyman: I was speaking of what I would do as a candidate. I wouldn't get many votes, but the press would love me.

4. jfs1000

jfs1000 Member

The quotes were outrageous and ignorant. How about the old lady "We aren't ready for Obama yet." WTF is that?

I thought the story was illuminating and depressing. There is no excuse for ignorance anymore. Cable news, internet, magazines, talk radio etc. Every town has a book store. Information is so easy to access now. No excuse for being uninformed.

Yes, the town looked horrible. Is it accurate however?

The quote from the mayor was ridiculous. I would recommend everyone check out right wing blogs. It's Barack Hussein Obama: He is a closet gay liberal and he is a closet Muslim Manchurian candidate.

WTF is that?

5. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Barack sends a letter to Findlay. He might just end up visiting:

http://www.thecourier.com/stills/news/obamareply.pdf

6. beardpuller

beardpuller Active Member

Mighty: If having "muslim roots" was a positive in the current enviornment, the right wing wouldn't be trying so hard to attach those roots to Obama.
    And yeah, it is unfair, when the only practicing muslim in the guy's family was a grandfather he never fucking met.
    I think maybe one of my grandfathers might have been from Georgia. I wouldn't agree that I have "Georgia roots."

Draft saved Draft deleted