1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Finding out of print songs/albums on the intrawebs....

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by farmerjerome, Dec 30, 2009.

1. farmerjerome

farmerjerome Active Member

Okay, I've found a song I've been looking for on YouTube but I can't find anywhere else. For those of you wondering, it's a version of "Rappers Delight" by Redman, Erick Sermon and Keith Murray that played in heavy rotation on MTV in the fall of 1997. Problem is, even if I found an mp3 I would know how to rip it into something I could burn onto a cd and upload onto iTunes.

I can't find it anywhere else, not even amazon or ebay. Hell, I can't even find a listing on amazon.

This really can't be that hard to find, can it? Anyway, any help could be appreciated.

2. Bodie_Broadus

Bodie_Broadus Active Member

It's called Def Squad Delite, by the Def Squad. I bought it off Itunes not too long ago.

I got it off of Keith Murray's greatest hits CD.

3. farmerjerome

farmerjerome Active Member

You gotta be f-ing kidding me. I looked for that song for years!

Feel free to nuke this thread, mods.

4. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

Nah, don't nuke the thread. Not every quest is this easily put to rest.

Bookmark http://www.musicstack.com/ in case you run up against this again. They'll find an LP or 45 for you, put it on a CD, sell you the vinyl and the CD together (legally, that's how it has to be). It can get expensive, but when you really have to have that song or album you just can't find, this site is gold.

Great for gifts for friends who'll say "Wow, I always wanted this on my iPod but couldn't find it!"

Draft saved Draft deleted