1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Finally the madness is done ... the NBA is back!

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Den1983, Nov 26, 2011.

1. NickMordo

NickMordo Active Member

Didn't you technically just make Versatile's point? You don't care about the NBA and are posting about it. It seems like at least 90 percent of the comments I have read across the internet regarding the NBA coming back has been negative, so what does it really say about the league?

2. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

Well, you know, I'd guess that's similar to the percentage of negative comments you would've heard about MLB in 94, the NHL in 04 and even the mighty NFL in 87. Any time there's a labor work stoppage causing a league to lose a significant chunk of the season fans are gonna be pissed, disgusted and vowing to no longer care and never to watch again. But you know what? They eventually get over it---every. single. time.

3. printdust

printdust New Member

They're going to cram back-to-back-to-back games in. They should do that all along. There's college teams that play that in tournaments and high school teams that will play two games in one day. NBA players are professionals. Three consecutive games on a homestand isn't much to ask.

4. JC

JC Well-Known Member

I'm surprised you actually watch the NBA.

If you don't think the quality of the game is compromised by a compressed schedule you're crazy

5. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

Can you say playoffs?

Draft saved Draft deleted