1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Finally, someone in the broadcast booth says what we've all thought

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Killick, Nov 9, 2009.

1. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

Hilarious, only because we've all thought it AT LEAST once. Probably at least once a month, really.

Booth guy gets a little salty at the end of this weekend's Villanova-Richmond game, pitting two of the top teams of the sub-division. Nova wins, 21-20, despite the Spiders having a 34-yard field goal attempt in the final seconds. It goes wide left, and the refs put some time back on the clock. Then, someone in the booth utters the inevitable "C'mon! End this fucking game!"

Beautiful.

2. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Let's go home, already!

Ha. Love it.

3. Pencil Dick

Pencil Dick Member

99.9% sure the F-bomb never made it onto air. That's audio from the production truck, probably to someone in the booth or one of the camera guys ... only people that heard that were wearing headsets, mostly likely.

Still pretty funny though.

4. finishthehat

finishthehat Active Member

FWIW, the guy says he caught it off his DVR.

"This is a clip that my DVR happened to capture. I didn't post this because of the missed kick, but because of the commentators. Pay attention to the commentators through the entire clip. I assure you that this is exactly what my DVR captured and I didn't edit it in any way. One of the commentator's had a live mic and didn't realize it."

Not saying I believe him, just pointing it out.

5. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

Right on it being someone from the truck, it seems, but probably wrong about it not making it to air. Local rag (Delco Times) has an article about it, says the conference has issued a statement that it didn't come from the on-air talent, but is looking into it.

Even if you don't take the word of the YouTube poster, don't know why someone from the production (who would be the only ones to have access) would post it - they probably have the same sort of thing during every broadcast that doesn't make it to air.

If I were a betting man, I'd say someone's about to get a significant rap on the knuckles.

6. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

I was at the game - and I heard it made it out over the air. Never heard a thing about truck or talent but that it did make it on the air.

Game wasn't even long.

7. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

If I hadn't watched the game, I'd have said Collinsworth asked Costas where he got his toupee.

8. SoCalDude

SoCalDude Active Member

Longtime USC announcer Tom Kelly was doing a basketball game. At the end, a guy gets pummeled going to the basket, lands hard and it hurt. Trainers from both schools are attending to him. The paramedic crew is coming.
    There's only a few seconds left and the outcome of the game is not in doubt.
    Kelly says, "Come on, just drag him off the court to we can finish this up."

Draft saved Draft deleted