1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Finally, some decent Summer TV...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Mizzougrad96, Jul 12, 2006.

1. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Shows I'm loving this summer...

Entourage
    Rescue Me
    It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia
    Rock Star: Supernova
    Last Comic Standing
    Big Brother: All-Stars
    World Series of Pop Culture

Rock Star has really surprised me. The INXS version last year was pretty bad, but this one is pretty good.

2. The Aussie on Rockstar should win. He was amazing last night.

3. Mizzougrad96

I think it will be him or the really freaky girl who sang Lithium during the first week. She sang Ring of Fire last night...

4. sportsed

sportsed Guest

I was way, way off on this one. I thought it was going to be super-cheesy and over the top (like a game show version of I Love The xx), but it's not.

The host plays it extremely straight (nice to see that a retread like AJ Hammer or Todd Newton didn't get the job) and the show doesn't make you uncomfortable at all.

Well done show.

5. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Only two new shows that I'm watching is "Hustle" on CBC (it's a Brit import with Robert Vaughan as one of the main guys in a gang of grifters) and "The Brotherhood" which premiered last Sunday.

Irish Sopranos for lack of a better handle.

6. Mizzougrad96

Yeah, I'm pissed I didn't try out for it... I would have kicked ass...  ;D

I love the clueless looks some of the 20 somethings have when they make an 80s reference...  

7. Birdscribe

Birdscribe Active Member

Saw it for the first time last night and was pleasantly surprised, even if I wanted to slam a muzzle in the mouth of that obnoxious Minnie Mouse wanna-be from Cheetara.

Love the deadpan host, almost a cross between Anderson Cooper and Regis Philbin on Who Wants to Be a Millionaire.

8. Mizzougrad96

Yeah, I was rooting against Cheetara... Man were they fucking annoying...

9. lantaur

lantaur Well-Known Member

I'm liking TNT's Saved. And of course there's Deadwood and Entourage (I like the former much more than the latter).

10. Precious Roy

Precious Roy Active Member

Does anyone else like Lucky Louie? I may be one of the only people that gets a kick out of that show.

11. Mizzougrad96

The most recent episode was the best one they've done. The previous bunch were horrid... I keep watching out of pure optimism...

12. cougargirl

cougargirl Active Member

It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia is probably the funniest show I've seen on TV in ages. I didn't think Danny Devito would be able to pull it off on a show about 20-somethings, but he and Anne Archer really work well on the show. And the plot lines are just ridiculous - brother and sister own a bar, file for unemployment and become crackheads, which was on last week.

Windfall is my other summer can't-miss. Just when you think it's predictable, something ends the episode that makes you watch the next week.

Draft saved Draft deleted