1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Finally some decent movies come out...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Mizzougrad96, Oct 19, 2007.

1. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

What, the Michael Bay directed Transformers wasn't good enough for you people?

2. Angola!

Angola! Guest

I saw a trailer for some movie based on a Cormac McCarthy book that is coming out and it looked pretty damn good. Don't know the name of it, though.

And write_brained, I've never heard of any of the movies in this thread either.

3. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

They were definitely about the receiver.....

4. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

Saw "Into the Wild" today, and I'm not sure how I feel about it. It was overly long, though in the moment I didn't mind somehow. And it was really sad, ultimately, even though you know going in how it ends.

"Jesse James" I liked a lot.

5. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Michael Clayton was incredibly intense from beginning to end. Its the debut film of director Tony Jordan who wrote the Bourne movies. Must be nice doing your first picture and getting to direct Sidney Pollack and Clooney, not to mention the rest of the cast. Truly phenomenal.
    I'm looking forward to Vantage Point with William Hurt, Dennis Quaid and Forrest Whitaker and Sigourney Weaver. The trailer for that movie had me sweating.

6. "A Bad Country For Old Men" is the flick, and it's the next one from the Coens, of all people.

7. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Yeah, that movie looks intense. Very bloody and very good. Plus it was filmed in West Texas, I believe, which means I have to see it.

8. Dyno

Dyno Well-Known Member

Totally agree about both movies. I thought Tom Wilkinson and Tilda Swinton were both great in Michael Clayton. For the ladies out there, be warned that Clooney didn't look so great (he looked bloated to me), but that was part of the character.

9. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

It's actually "No Country for Old Men."

Funniest story about the movie is that the Coen Bros. accidentally cast the wrong Brolin. They wanted James, accidentally got Josh, his son. Contracts were already signed though, so they decided to just go with it and set the story in the 70s.

http://www.starpulse.com/news/index.php/2007/10/02/coen_brotherss_shocked_to_learn_they_cas

10. crusoes

crusoes Active Member

Co-en? I'm go-en!

Sorry. It's been a long day.

11. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

I notice nobody is talking about The Comebacks.

Draft saved Draft deleted