1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Finally....HBO

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by JackReacher, Apr 12, 2010.

1. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

It's been a long time coming, but I finally broke down and ordered HBO. I've been wanting to do it for the last 10 years or so, but I never felt it was worth the $15 or $20 extra a month to have it. Then again, I keep spending the $25 on each season of Entourage on DVD, so I suppose it's worth it. Plus, I got the first six months for $9, then $15 a month after. Not too bad.

I'm hearing good things about How To Make It In America. Anything else worth keeping an eye on?

2. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

Catch up on the Pacific, through the OnDemand service, and Real Sports is always good.

I got Treme waiting on me when I get home and I hope its worth it.

Haven't looked at the thread out of spoiler fear.

Did you just get HBO, or did you get all the channels in the family? On mine, I have like six or seven channels. Having the east and west coasts of HBO is helpful for those who work odd hours.

3. Cousin Oliver

Cousin Oliver New Member

Is that Real Sex show still on? That was a great program if you were interested in the sex lives of ugly white people.

4. kokane_muthashed

kokane_muthashed Active Member

If you like Entourage, you'll like How To Make It in America.
    It's like Entourage: New York.

5. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

It's similar in substance to Entourage, but it's actually like the anti-Entourage. Entourage is about some losers who hit the lottery. How To Make It In America is about some losers who keep trying to hit the lottery, but haven't.

6. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

Vinny Chase is not a loser. You take it back.

7. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

I'm not a big fan of Vinny Chase, the hip-hop music or baseball playoffs ending in November.

8. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

No wonder I have heartburn

9. HC

HC Well-Known Member

I'm dying to see `Treme` but will have to wait for the DVDs. :(

10. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

I've heard a lot of people talking about this 'Home Box.' What's it all about?

11. Care Bear

Care Bear Guest

True Blood, True Blood, True Blood. You would love it, Sonner. Don't ask me how I know, I just do. (nudity, nudity, nudity)

12. kokane_muthashed

kokane_muthashed Active Member

I love the theme music for How To Make It in America.

Draft saved Draft deleted