1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Finally, a reason why I should watch BET. Chappelle returning to TV

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Chuck~Taylor, Apr 12, 2007.

1. Big Buckin' agate_monkey

Big Buckin' agate_monkey Active Member

Boom, you my cracker!

2. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Thank god Bruce Gordon is still on the job

3. Perry White

Perry White Active Member

I like Dave Chappelle as much as the next guy, but this is ridiculous: http://www.variety.com/article/VR1117963202.html?categoryid=14&cs=1

Chappelle pulls all-nighter at Factory
    Comedian sets mark for longest performance

Anyone who bought a ticket to the Laugh Factory on Sunday night ended up getting two surprises.

The first came when Dave Chappelle appeared onstage at 10:36 p.m. for an unannounced set. The second shocker: Chappelle kept telling jokes until 4:43 the next morning--- making his entire set a whopping six hours and seven minutes.

That's the longest performance by any comedian in the the 28-year history of the Laugh Factory, according to founder Jamie Masada.

Amazingly, the previous record was established just a few days earlier. On April 10, Dane Cook performed his own marathon act, appearing on stage for three hours and fifty minutes.

"It was just one of those nights," Masada said of Chappelle's appearance. "He had everyone laughing for six hours."

Indeed, Masada said only about a dozen of the 150-plus original members of the audience left the club before Chappelle wrapped his set. "The audience was with him 100 percent," he said.

Chappelle didn't take any bathroom breaks. And Laugh Factory staff stopped serving alcohol around midnight, Masada said.

Draft saved Draft deleted