1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Final Four and NCAA Title Game Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Flying Headbutt, Apr 4, 2009.

1. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

And once again, FDP, you make assumptions. Bad ones at that.

Never said Chapel Hill didn't earn the title, never disputed their stake to what they obviously earned. I merely said they don't have a lot of heart. Their ability made it so no one found out. If Michigan State makes that a game in the last five minutes ... it's "what if?" and that only increases the anger of the pro-Chapel Hill crowd, so no go.

Pancamo, the jump shot for Lawson will be critical. It's supposedly why Ed Cota didn't get much of a chance, and it was supposedly the biggest obstacle in the way of Raymond Felton, too. Time will tell.

2. PeteyPirate

PeteyPirate Guest

I never said you said that. Whose assumptions are bad again?

You just stated that their ability made it so their lack of heart was not evident to the world. And yet it was evident to you. That's interesting.

3. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Only problem is that if the best teams with the best players play against each other, and those games happen to be boring, that makes for a boring tournament. Sometimes, those Cinderalls make for better games in the Sweet 16 and Elite Eight because there's a sense of urgency, of history, with those teams that BCS-conference schools (I'm looking at you '09 Arizona) might lack.

Talent doesn't always make for the best games. Sometimes, heart does.

4. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

In case anyone cares, you can watch Roy Williams outcoach Tom Izzo (or if you prefer "watch Michigan State choke" as lord knows there can't possibly be any other reason North Carolina won....) in the NCAA title game on CBS College Sports right now, which has been running all the tournament games back-to-back all week.

5. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

6. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

Forgive me, I'm a little bit cranky tonight so I had too, I just did...... ;D

Draft saved Draft deleted