1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

F'in Joe/Jane Q. Public

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by KP, Aug 14, 2006.

1. KP

KP Active Member

So I'm with the roommate looking to pull into a parking space at Wal-Mart (mistake number 1). I find the open space, but need to wait a second for the woman who just finished packing her car in the adjoining space to move her carraige out of the way. She proceeds to move the carriage, all of four feet away from her car and in the middle of the space I was planning on pulling into. I was stunned (doubly by the fact the place to dump all the carriages was 15 feet from her car). She then backed her car coming within inches of my bumper (before I decided it was time to lay on the horn and start wondering aloud what the world is coming to). I wish she had backed into me, bitch deserved to have her car insurance go up for being such a shitty citizen.

WHAT IS THIS FUCKING WORLD COMING TO?

And I know we shouldn't stereotype, but you know what, this pussycat got me thinking. Have you ever said, wow, that Asian person (this woman fit that catagory) is a really good driver?

2. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Outing alert: Big Montana is John Rocker.

3. PopeDirkBenedict

PopeDirkBenedict Active Member

Hoo boy. This will not end well.

4. Chuck~Taylor

Chuck~Taylor Active Member

[​IMG]

5. KP

KP Active Member

I just bought my September pass for the 7 train. That was the stop after Wal-Mart.
    Honestly, I have no problem with anyone. Just stupid people suck. And that segment of the population can't fucking drive.

6. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Well, I did date an Asian girl for awhile, and the first time we went anywhere together, I drove her car. I thought it was b/c she was drunk, submissive, and her car was closer. I didn't realize it was cuz she was a lousy driver!

7. KP

KP Active Member

See! Even Clevelanders can figure it out!

8. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

My mom always said the same thing (shittiness in the driving arts) about old guys with hats. She'd always say whenever there's a traffic jam or slowdown, you'll find an old man in a hat at the front of it. Amazingly, that seems to be accurate about 75 percent of the time.

9. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

Well, hell, this is as good a place as any to share my parking-lot story from yesterday:

At Dodgers Stadium for the Maddux-Schmidt duel, and if you've ever been to Chavez Ravine you know that "a zoo" doesn't even describe the hell it is to get out of that place after a game.

So I'm in one of the 872 individual lines of cars that have formed waiting to get out of my section of the lot. I'm a good 6 feet behind the car in front of me -- certainly enough to account for normal roll-back action of a stick-shift car, etc.

All of a sudden, the car in front of me starts rolling backward ... and keeps coming. I put mine in reverse and try to give myself a little extra space because they're still coming. I can't go any farther, so then I honk my horn. They keep coming backward, and then they tap my bumper. I honk again. Get no response. But they pull up back to where they were, and I'm like, "whatever." I'm not looking to start shit after a Dodgers-Giants game, I've seen that shit get out of control.

A minute later, it happens again. I start honking furiously as they're coming back. But they keep rolling all the way until we tap bumpers again. So I yell out the window, something like, "Hey, pay some fucking attention." ... The guy in the passenger seat gets out and goes around to check his bumper (his girlfriend is driving, apparently.) So I yell out of the window again, "Hey, you've bumped me twice now. I can't go nowhere. Quit rolling back." He doesn't respond, gets back in his car.

Well, I'm joking with the people in the car beside me, who's been watching the whole thing unfold, when it happens a third fucking time. They start rolling back! I'm fucking in shock that they're so oblivious to me being behind them. ... Well, this time, the people beside me are honking their horns, I'm honking my horn and a bunch of idiots behind us both are honking just for the hell of it. ... So the passenger gets out again ... luckily, before they hit my bumper again ... well, HE starts yelling at ME! What does he say? Not "I'm sorry". Not "My bad."

Him: "Quit bumping us!"
    Me: :eek:

I'm just dumbfounded by this logic. I start yelling back, "You're the one rolling into me! Everybody saw it! You fucking bumped me three times!" He gets back into his car without a word. Line starts moving, long story short, nothing comes of it, but that was ridiculous.

I hope he ran over a beer bottle and blew out a tire. Fuckhead. ::)

10. joe

joe Active Member

Buckweaver: Just proves, fucking chicks can't drive.
    Let the merriment begin.

11. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

Wow. Just, wow.

Agree with the rest, regarding what pricks people can be as they fail to walk the extra 20 feet/10 seconds to ensure the cart is properly put away.

But on this . . . wow. Need to drive more if you haven;t seen morons of all shapes, sizes, races and ages behind the wheel. Often their driving is hindered by the fact they're smoking a cigarette.

12. KP

KP Active Member

I'll go with cell phones being a bigger distraction than lungdarts.
    I have seen every type of bad driver, I take that group over old people by a length of an SUV as being the worst.

And apparently a moderator decided to touch up the original post. Sorry, Moddy!

Draft saved Draft deleted