1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Fill up your gas tank ... NOW

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Football_Bat, Feb 12, 2008.

1. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

HELEN: I hear the fella owns a couple of racehorses. You know, trotters, like at Yonkers.

JERRY: Horses? They’re like big riding dogs.

ELAINE: What about ponies? What kind of abnormal animal is that? And those kids who had their own ponies...

JERRY: I know, I hated those kids. In fact, I hate anyone that ever had a pony when they were growing up.

MANYA: (angry) I had a pony.

(The room goes dead quiet.)

JERRY: Well, I didn’t uh really mean a pony, per se...

MANYA: When I was a little girl in Poland, we all had ponies. My sister had pony, my cousin had pony... So, what’s wrong with that?

JERRY: Nothing. Nothing at all. I was just merely expressing...

HELEN: Should we have coffee? Who’s having coffee?

MANYA: He was a beautiful pony! And I loved him.

JERRY: Well, I’m sure you did. Who wouldn’t love a pony? Who wouldn’t love a person that had a pony?

MANYA: You! You said so!

JERRY: No, see, we didn’t have ponies. I’m sure at that time in Poland, they were very common. They were probably like compact cars..

MANYA: That’s it! I had enough!

(Manya gets up from the table and exits.)

ISAAC: Have your coffee, everybody. She’s a little upset. It’s been an emotional day.

(Isaac exits. Everyone looks at Jerry.)

JERRY: I didn’t know she had a pony. How was I to know she had a pony? Who figures an immigrant’s going to have a pony? Do you know what the odds are on that? I mean, in all the pictures I saw of immigrants on boats coming into New York harbor, I never saw one of them sittin’ on a pony. Why would anybody come here if they had a pony? Who leaves a country packed with ponies to come to a non-pony country? It doesn’t make sense. Am I wrong?

2. BYH

BYH Active Member

When did Buck abduct Good Doc and take over his screen name?

And Goonie: great memory.

3. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

I was paying homage. :)

4. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

[​IMG]

5. BYH

BYH Active Member

That is ALWAYS funny.

6. Boobie Miles

Boobie Miles Active Member

Jerry's delivery at the end of that is great. He asks so incredulously why anyone would leave a pony country, and I love the conviction when he says it doesn't make any SENSE.

7. AgatePage

AgatePage Active Member

It was on last Monday, and I couldn't stop laughing.

8. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Gas went up 9 cents last night. I followed my own advice and tanked up both vehicles beforehand.
    Saved myself $3.96 by my reckoning.

9. Good. I hope gas goes up to $10/gallon. We'll all be forced to use public transportation, walk or bike. In the process saving the earth and weaking the Middle East's grip on our marble sack.

God Bless Venezuela!

10. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

If I'm going to bike to work, I better get started yesterday. If I'm going to walk to work, I should have started out on Monday. If I were to take public transportation, I better get to work getting some bonds passed to build one in my community.

11. andyouare?

andyouare? Guest

I wonder if my old paper has raised mileage rates from 22 cents because of the gas increases.

Probably not.

12. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Gas has not gone up in our area. Not a penny. Went down in a couple of places.

And my area is not Caracas.

Draft saved Draft deleted