1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Fill out that bowl pool!

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by shotglass, Dec 16, 2007.

1. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Here. Because I like you all. Here are the picks, weighted by confidence. Vary from this at your own risk.

2. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

Let's get ready to gamble! [/gamblingdegenerates]

3. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

You can't spell Outback without UT. :)

The only one of Shotty's picks I can quibble with is the first one (Sugar). Hawaii will get donkey-stomped by UGA. Boise State they ain't. The Dawgs will cover with ease.

4. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Reason I picked that, and picked it big: Georgia does not want to be there at all. And I still have a feeling that Colt Brennan might be a little more than a system QB.

5. Colt Brennan is a system QB and will be an NFL bust (see Klingler, David). Georgia will trash Hawaii in the Sugar.

6. shotglass

shotglass Guest

What makes me think you laid big $ on Oklahoma minus the points last January? ;)

7. Nope...I am a West Coast guy. I knew Boise was legit. I also know that Hawaii is just the luckiest team in America this year. And, they play like shit on the mainland. OT wins at Louisiana Tech and San Jose State? C'mon...

8. kokane_muthashed

kokane_muthashed Active Member

Along those lines, which games do sjers see as "locks?"

Purely for entertainment purposes, mind you.

Mine:
    Boise St. 10 1/2 East Carolina
    BC 3 1/2 Michigan St.
    Wake Forest 3 UConn
    Kentucky 1 Florida St. (the line is OFF now)
    Missouri 3 Arkansas

9. Angola!

Angola! Guest

So, when Boise State struggled at Wyoming, at New Mexico State, at San Jose State and at Idaho last year, that is how you knew the Broncos were going to defeat Oklahoma?

10. shotglass

shotglass Guest

On second look, I'd probably make South Florida my #1 pick. I think they're going to axe-murder the Dixonless Ducks.

11. linotype

linotype Well-Known Member

Only pick more obvious than USF over Oregon in the Sun is Oklahoma over WVU in the Fiesta. My beloved alma mater is in complete shambles and I'm so prepared for a Sooner assbeating that I've volunteered to work the night of Jan. 2.

12. shotglass

shotglass Guest

I just called the pool guy and switched my No. 32 and No. 16 games. ;)

Draft saved Draft deleted